Anyone ever mix these...

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Paul-in-KC

Anyone ever mix these...

Post by Paul-in-KC »

All,

Not the most crucial post in the world - but was wondering if anyone here has ever mixed Celestion G12T Hot 100s with Classic 80's?

I recently picked up a Fender DT-412 cab that had a couple of the speakers replaced with drivers that shouldn't be in there (low power/quality). Two of the speakers are the original "Hot 100's" - which are supposed to be pretty decent, but a little heavy on the bass. Wanted to put in some Celestions that would be close in power handling and offset the "bass-heavy" (if you want to call it that) response of the Hot 100's - and make a versatile cab. I may want to use it with electric piano (Fender Rhodes) and guitar.

So, I picked up a couple of Celestion Classic 80 drivers to mix with the Hot 100's. Looking at the frequency response curves and reading reviews - I think this is going to be a decent combo. But I have never used either of these Celestions before.

I'll be able to install and listen to them next week, but thought I'd see if anyone here has mixed them before, and if so, what they thought of the two together.

Thanks!
-Paul