Reliced Suede ODS how to...

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ER

Reliced Suede ODS how to...

Post by ER »

J Designs doing a head cab for a C-clone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlGGDMjm48
Reeltarded

Re: Reliced Suede ODS how to...

Post by Reeltarded »

You could just buy a pair of used mauve ass-less chaps from soemone in the village on Ebay..

Ok. I am off to watch the vid now that I think about it.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ER

Post by ER »

I never got why people called them ass-less chaps, is there an assed variety or would those just be pants?

My daughter's got a whole roll of this crazy royal purple suede like that overdrive reverb that's out there, and another roll of bright red, I'm hoping she'll give me enough to do a couple amps.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I love that purple shade and the texture makes it look twice as nice. Would make a nice ass-patch to make chaps convertible too, you pedant!

I drink waaay too much coffee to cover a nice piece of gear with anything natural. :)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

I did fond that video useful though because it shows you the magic cut that is along the line of the front when doing this kind of covering. With tolex you just do the mitred corners so I've never known how that's done with tweed coverings etc.

I agree about chaps, otherwise they'd be trousers! ...............….I'm English we wear jodhpurs anyway! …………..

MC
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

ER wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:19 am I never got why people called them ass-less chaps, is there an assed variety or would those just be pants?
Not only true, but I laughed my ass off on that one (but it's covered). Yeah chaps are supposed to just cover pants, and people wearing them w/o pants are wearing chaps, that's it :D not 'ass-less chaps' :D

:rofl: :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

you

are

all

a

fine

bunch

of

ass-less

trousers
ER

Post by ER »

Most chaps would be offended by a comment like that, but I'm willing to turn the other cheek.

The guy in the video shows how to do the oval cuts for the back panel too, and good tips on glue-up to avoid discoloring the suede. I think no relic job would be complete without a coffee ring and cigarette burn.