Old Amp in New Cab

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bill Moore

Old Amp in New Cab

Post by Bill Moore »

I picked up a Special 130 chassis a while back, and with little work it plays fine. I put together a cab for it, (not to be confused with the beautiful wood working many of you post)! It is just scrap ply and biscuits, I did try some "cane" type grill cloth, but when I got it, seems more like "burlap".
SP130-11.JPG
SP130-6.JPG
SP130-2.JPG
Geeze

Re: Old Amp in New Cab

Post by Geeze »

Nice looking job, Bill! Your Special is certainly the most handsome Peavey I've seen.

Russ
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I think it looks great!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Thank you!
If I don't have a new amp, it maybe looks like I do!
Back in the day, when I worked downtown, we used to have a lot of old timer customers. One fellow was a cowboy from on the river, and whenever he brought his old (50's) truck in, it was a different color. My boss and I used to laugh to ourselves, but one day it was lavender! He told us he painted his house with a color his wife really liked, so he painted his truck also. "It's no big deal, just use a broom for a brush, and it goes on pretty fast". He would use a razor blade scraper to clean the glass after the paint dried.