Simple brilliant table saw tenon fixture

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Phil_S

Simple brilliant table saw tenon fixture

Post by Phil_S »

I tried it. I can't believe how incredibly well this works. I used a box I bought at Ikea years ago.
If you want to make tenons, this is the best 2 minutes you'll ever invest in the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK48GeMgqxA
Geeze

Re: Simple brilliant table saw tenon fixture

Post by Geeze »

I like 'hacks' like this! Thank you Phil. Hows the table?

Russ
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Hi Russ. Thanks for asking. The day job is getting in the way. I only have 2 weekend days and some of that goes for honeydews. The table is still waiting for finish :(

I started to build cages for my tomato plants. I got into something more complicated than the project deserved. Everything I'm doing, I'm insisting on ramping up my skill level. Meanwhile, the squirrels already stole the tomatoes. Nevertheless, I'm determined to finish the project. I cut all the parts and that fixture made it go really fast. There will be a 2nd crop, so they will still be useful. I got to play with my new toy, a 1 gallon compressor and 18 ga. nailer. Sheeks, the pop is like a gun going off. I didn't realize I was going to need to wear ear protection. That's what I was cutting on the fixture -- actually they were big rabbets -- same basic idea -- like a one-sided tenon.

I'm leaving town for vacation on Friday. I'm hell bent to finish both projects in August before the 2nd they find the 2nd crop of green tomatoes!
Geeze

Post by Geeze »

BTW, dial up that air nailer and machine gun the squirrels. IF nothing else you get to have some fun...

Russ
drew

Post by drew »

That guy’s saw rocks alarmingly when he makes the cuts starting at the 40 second mark.