wraparound corners for 1/2 inch cabinets

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

romberg

wraparound corners for 1/2 inch cabinets

Post by romberg »

I've started to wrap a cabinet (constructed out of 1/2 inch plywood) for a project of mine. I plan to cover the corners and purchased a set of corners for the job. Apparently, these corners are for cabinets constructed with 3/4 inch plywood and having a 1/2 inch radius. They leave a big gap in the area of the lip which I doubt I can pound out and still be left with an attractive looking cabinet :).

The search I've tried has not been a great success. The sites I've found have little detail on the geometry of the corners. Many mention the 1/2 inch radius. But not many mention the size of the cabinet lumber. It seems to me that someone must make these kinds of corners (pictured below) for use with 1/2 inch lumber. Does anyone know if a similar corner exists and better yet where I can find some?

Thanks!

Mike
Attachments
two.jpg
one.jpg
dorrisant

Re: wraparound corners for 1/2 inch cabinets

Post by dorrisant »

Try these: https://www.cedist.com/products/corner- ... -thickness

These are P-H1084N. They don't have the little piece that hooks back around. I think your picture shows P-H1082N
Attachments
Screenshot_20200425-220650_Chrome.jpg
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
romberg

Post by romberg »

Thanks for the photo/link. I've not used that site. Always good to bookmark another! :)

Those are pretty much the same thing I have now which don't fit real well. I have the Ernie Ball version of the same part. They seem to be designed so that the wraparound lip (which I would like to have/use) works if the cabinet is made out of 3/4 inch sheets. My cabinet is made out of 1/2 inch and thus there is a wide gap where the lip tucks over the edge.

It is my hope that someone makes a corner very similar to these except that the lip is designed for 1/2 inch boards. These may not exist and I may have to go with something more like P-H1082N on that page. These don't have a lip so they won't stick out and look aweful. But they also may not be as secure on the cabinet.

Mike
Geeze

Post by Geeze »

When life gives you lemons...

To use what you have add in some wood ripped in an L shape, paint / dye black or an interesting contrast color to the black and [looks like pig skin] leather covering to fill in that 1/4" of an inch. Aluminum would work but harder to color.

Russ
jcool666

Post by jcool666 »

Parts Express carries some 1/2" corners in both black and nickel. I used them on a head cab I made out of 1/2" plywood,
screen.jpg
"Dime the controls, tune to drop D and flog the strings like they were naughty,"