Dumble headshell plan search

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

bvdl

Dumble headshell plan search

Post by bvdl »

Hi everyone,

First I 'd like to introduce myself as a new forum user.
I'm Benny, and love building pedals and since recently a cool sounding amp.
I have some medium to basic electronics and woodworking/ contruction skills.

My question: Is it possible to find a contruction plan for a dumble style head somewhere?
I tried a lot of times but never found one. I want to build it in massive oak with dovetail joints, and then treat it with oil and polish to a nice finish.

I built the 100W HRM version from Ceriatone.

Thank you for your time!
Benny
xtian

Re: Dumble headshell plan search

Post by xtian »

I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

And just more as a tip for a great tool for searching, use google (the forum search tool sucks).

I highly recommend using google with a simple tweak. Go to google.com and in the search field do something like:

dumble head plans site:ampgarage.com

and the link xtian shows is number two in the search results. Number one is:

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21107

And has someone asking the same question and M Fowler giving them the plans.

any time you add "site:somewebsitehere.com" to google searches it limits all results to that website ONLY. It's a great tool for searching a specific site, and googles bots archive everything!

Basically, just giving you the tools for any future searches to make it super easy to find stuff here :)

And welcome!

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

MIND BLOWN.
Just plug it in, man.
ChopSauce

Here & elsewhere

Post by ChopSauce »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:22 pm And just more as a tip for a great tool for searching, use google (the forum search tool sucks).

I highly recommend using google with a simple tweak. Go to google.com and in the search field do something like:

dumble head plans site:ampgarage.com

and the link xtian shows is number two in the search results. Number one is:

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21107

And has someone asking the same question and M Fowler giving them the plans.

any time you add "site:somewebsitehere.com" to google searches it limits all results to that website ONLY. It's a great tool for searching a specific site, and googles bots archive everything!

Basically, just giving you the tools for any future searches to make it super easy to find stuff here :)

And welcome!

~Phil
This I used quite often to do some searches on cluttered websites, but why not adding a "Google search" feature to the forum - possibly instead of the forum search tool :?:
(Sorry to bother you with some more work)
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Such a great idea, that I had to implement it. There's now a 'google search' box below your username in the top right. So far, though it only does global google searches, inside the site, I'm trying to figure out how I can limit it ONLY to the site :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

and I just got that fixed too. Enjoy :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

That's awesome! Thanks... 8)

Few people may care but yesterday, I was searching installation instructions for the Vox grillcloth. I had the vague souvenir that there were special instructions for it but couldn't find anything. I thought there was nothing special, such as wetting it before stapling, to do.

Then I read your post, did a Google search and guess what? I had to do it again... :wink:

So, for my own, if the traditional search is not reliable, it might as well disapear & be replaced by the Google search feature.

Also, I believe that the name "Google Search" suggests that this research is performed over the whole internet, to some users which wouldn't be aware of this thread.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Wow that google search option in the advanced search tool is really nice, thanks.

Mark
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

ChopSauce wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:41 pm That's awesome! Thanks... 8)

Few people may care but yesterday, I was searching installation instructions for the Vox grillcloth. I had the vague souvenir that there were special instructions for it but couldn't find anything. I thought there was nothing special, such as wetting it before stapling, to do.

Then I read your post, did a Google search and guess what? I had to do it again... :wink:

So, for my own, if the traditional search is not reliable, it might as well disapear & be replaced by the Google search feature.

Also, I believe that the name "Google Search" suggests that this research is performed over the whole internet, to some users which wouldn't be aware of this thread.
That also was a good idea, I have 'disabled' regular search and now the only visible search is the google one. Hope that helps? I don't see an obvious way to remove the "Google Search..." from the text so I hope that's enough.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

gah I had to re-enable that, it also disabled the 'quick links' which is kinda dumb.

I'll have to see if I can find time to disable just the mediocre search bar.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Don't worry! We all know you're doing your best to manage with the forum and that Google seach feature is definitely a plus... 8)