Re: Bargain Speakers

Post by xtian »

Used.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

WGS?
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Nielest wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:14 pm Anyone ca recommend a good products of bargain speakers
The op Probably won't see this but I like eminence legend series pretty well. Probably not the best sounding speaker ever made but they'll handle a lot of power. They work well with higher gain and sound ok clean.

Peavey scorpions I like them for taming bright higher gain amps. I'm probably the only one though
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

cbass wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:55 pm
Nielest wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:14 pm Anyone ca recommend a good products of bargain speakers
The op Probably won't see this but I like eminence legend series pretty well. Probably not the best sounding speaker ever made but they'll handle a lot of power. They work well with higher gain and sound ok clean.

Peavey scorpions I like them for taming bright higher gain amps. I'm probably the only one though
I am also a big fan of the Legend series!

Cheers
G
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Warehouse makes great speakers for the money, namely the ET65 and the Veteran 30.
Just plug it in, man.
cdemike

Post by cdemike »

I'm a big believer that speakers are as important to a "type" of sound as any other piece of a signal chain (guitar, amp, or otherwise). Since they have such a big role on the sound, it might be a better starting place to find out what kind of sound you're aiming for in, IMO. There are a lot of options, especially if you're open to used speakers, so I'd want to first narrow the field.
cbass

Post by cbass »

cdemike wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:04 pm
I'm a big believer that speakers are as important to a "type" of sound as any other piece of a signal chain (guitar, amp, or otherwise). Since they have such a big role on the sound, it might be a better starting place to find out what kind of sound you're aiming for in, IMO. There are a lot of options, especially if you're open to used speakers, so I'd want to first narrow the field.
I agree I think speakers and cabinet are more important than the guitar(if it plays good) in the signal chain. Probably even more important than the amp. If the amp is suited for the genere you're playing.