KiCad design files for a bunch of projects

Design and discussion around PCB Design that doens't suck!

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Lauri

KiCad design files for a bunch of projects

Post by Lauri »

Here's a bunch of KiCad design files for several different projects for anyone who wants to use them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lauri

Re: KiCad design files for a bunch of projects

Post by Lauri »

Here's a couple more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

Very nice, thanks for posting these!
Do the Relay board files work for our Overdrive Special (Clean/Overdrive switching and PAB switching) amps or do they need modifying?

Cheers

Guy
Lauri

Post by Lauri »

It's a board for a DPDT relay so yes it can be used for Clean/Overdrive switching and PAB switching.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I was looking at it too. Looks like it's setup to use a transistor for enabling the relay's path to ground. It seemed easy enough, though to just hook your switch into the +5(or 12)V coming in, and jumper to ground if you just want the basic form used for the dumble amp. (i.e. switch inline on the 12V.) I was wondering if there's an overall benefit to using the transistor? Does it provide a safer setup? Seems an unneeded extra component or three with the extra 1k resistors and that? also the 100n cap is that needed for the coil of the relay? I've never used one.

Just curious, seems you know a lot more about this kind of circuit topology than I would :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Lauri

Post by Lauri »

Transistor is used if you need to switch multiple relays from one switch. Also you can use LED indicator either in the amp or in the pedal without needing any additional circuit. Just connect a LED from CTRL to ground and when you short CTRL to ground the relay switches and led turns off.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

ahh gotcha, thanks!
tUber Nerd!
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

Thank you, Lauri!
Cheers,
Greg
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Thanks for these!
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
paulwd

Post by paulwd »

Adding to the list, many thanks for sharing your work!
Snicksound

Post by Snicksound »

Lauri wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:09 pm Transistor is used if you need to switch multiple relays from one switch. Also you can use LED indicator either in the amp or in the pedal without needing any additional circuit. Just connect a LED from CTRL to ground and when you short CTRL to ground the relay switches and led turns off.
Hey, thank you for these. I'm curious about the multiple relays thing. I've done dual delays without using a transistor without issue. Is the idea more that less current needs to be sent down the cable since a single transistor will pull less current that a couple relays?
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Snicksound wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:37 pm
Lauri wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:09 pm Transistor is used if you need to switch multiple relays from one switch. Also you can use LED indicator either in the amp or in the pedal without needing any additional circuit. Just connect a LED from CTRL to ground and when you short CTRL to ground the relay switches and led turns off.
Hey, thank you for these. I'm curious about the multiple relays thing. I've done dual delays without using a transistor without issue. Is the idea more that less current needs to be sent down the cable since a single transistor will pull less current that a couple relays?
I'm not looking at the schematic at the moment, but I'd bet that the transistor is for LED switching. With clean DC, the only thing really required is a diode connected backwards (polarity-wise) across the DC connection to the relay coil.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo