Any power supply PCB available ?

Design and discussion around PCB Design that doens't suck!

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

chopstuck

Any power supply PCB available ?

Post by chopstuck »

Wondering if there are any power supply PCB's out there. I have a Phaze amp, ( Randy ?) that has has a flexible proprietary board that looks so easy to implement. Its a smart, compact and tidy board.
I'm just looking to buy a few similar units to save on buying expensive combo can caps to save space.

Marc
Heavens, an unused PI input !
erwin_ve

Re: Any power supply PCB available ?

Post by erwin_ve »

Power supply PCB can vary due to the nodes that are used and their respective filtering.
It is impossible to guess what you need: maybe here: https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/Kits/ ... 4_623.html
chopstuck

Post by chopstuck »

I should have specified for a 20 to 50 watt guitar tube amp. I imagine someone has designed one and had to meet the minimum order for pcb production . So what is that like 100 units ?
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Show me some pics, a drawing or schematic of what you are looking for. I can make it.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

chopstuck wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:11 pm I should have specified for a 20 to 50 watt guitar tube amp. I imagine someone has designed one and had to meet the minimum order for pcb production . So what is that like 100 units ?
For prototyping a batch of 5 is possible.
As Dorrisant said above: show us what you need. A 20-50w amp doesnt say how much gain stages you need for filtering.
MakerDP

Post by MakerDP »

You can take a look at Merlin's Universal PCB's... http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/universalpcbs.html

Also, London Power has some power supply kits and boards.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

I can do one offs... I have Dumble style PS boards. If one of those would work, cool. If not I can add or remove stages.

Here is a precision board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
chopstuck

Post by chopstuck »

Thank you Maker dp. Merlin's board is roughly what I was looking for. Now if they were only in stock.
MakerDP

Post by MakerDP »

If you send him an e-mail and ask he will most likely send you the Gerber files so you can have them made yourself. He's not really in it for the money at all. He is a VERY nice guy and always willing to share his knowledge with the world with a smile on his face.