SOLD

List tube amp related items you wish to sell or trade. Private sales only. No dealers or manufactures.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Structo, mhuss, HeeBGB

Jmsbank

SOLD

Post by Jmsbank » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:28 pm

This is a clone of a Trainwreck Liverpool amplifier, which was one of my early amp projects built about two years ago. The chassis, turret boards, and components were all bought from RJ, so they are of high quality. The amp works very well, but since I have never heard an actual Liverpool in person I can't make a good comparison. Subjectively, I'd say it is a VERY loud amp (gets pretty loud above 2-3 on the volume knob) and has a bit of background hiss, but nothing crazy. It sounds great for classic rock and blues, but I realized after building it that it just wasn't for me and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since.

I'm selling this with the hope that someone on the forum might be interested in it either as a standalone amp or as the basis for a new project. The layout I used was Ron Worley's, and I stayed pretty faithful to it with the exception of the filter caps - instead of the capacitor stack, I used cap cans. I also added a VVR master volume control from Hall Amplification which seems to work well, but this can be easily removed if desired. You can get a pretty good idea by looking at the pictures below, and the amp also comes with a custom cover. I can also provide the original build documents as well as the build of materials to anyone that buys this. I've got about $1000 invested plus my time, so feel free to make me an offer by PM - I'm pretty realistic about its value. Thanks!

IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jmsbank on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xtian

Re: Trainwreck Liverpool Amp Build

Post by xtian » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:36 pm

NICE build! Good luck!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Jmsbank

Post by Jmsbank » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks!

Colossal

Post by Colossal » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Very nice build. Good luck with the sale. Yes, they are loud and proud.

Jmsbank

Post by Jmsbank » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Sale pending...