PSA Hammond transformer blowout

List tube amp related items you wish to sell or trade. Private sales only. No dealers or manufactures.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

BrownIsound

Re: PSA Hammond transformer blowout

Post by BrownIsound »

One out for delivery today, and one to be delivered tomorrow. So unless they are empty boxes, looks to be legit.
Todd Hepler

Post by Todd Hepler »

I received a Panavise 396 that I ordered a few days ago from this seller today. $48 was much better than $75 everywhere else + shipping

https://www.panavise.com/index.html?pag ... kudatarq=7
aab0mb

Post by aab0mb »

Got a heavily discounted 270ex power transformer from emeve-7733 on eBay. It shipped fast and the return address label was from Mouser so that’s nice.

Same thing from seller herbalstorelk. 125ese shipped fast from Mouser.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Less than prices listed by Mouser? Hmmm....
BrownIsound

Post by BrownIsound »

Looks like this is a chargeback scam. A friend of mine who also bought some trannies got contacted by mouser. The person behind the eBay account opened up a new account under their name and address and purchased the items, then withdrew payment somehow (fake/stolen CC account?). Mouser is wanting the items returned or payment in full.

I am waiting for mouser to contact me, I’m sure it’s a matter of time.

So since this is through ebay, is there any buyer or fraud protection ? I’m sure eBay will try to weasel out.
pullshocks

Post by pullshocks »

Thanks for posting. I almost placed an order....the prices were pretty attractive....
BrownIsound

Post by BrownIsound »

It’s pretty much on Mouser for allowing a new account to be set up with the same address as an existing account, and then shipping something with a payment account that isn’t tied to the person. Because he (and I, a probably most people on amp garage) has an account that the order was sent to, they are trying to recoup their loss, but can’t really do anything.

That being said, eBay has been notified, and are complicit in fraud if they allow it to continue. Last I checked, you can still order these trannys from that eBay seller.
zephyrblau

Post by zephyrblau »

a couple of weeks ago I asked the seller if this was still available but never got a reply (I'd purchased one once before)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354760600917
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

From the link above:

"JUST GOT SCAMMED

So I ordered a power transformer off of eBay. It was a Hammond Transformer and the price was really good. It was supposedly delivered today, but the picture from UPS shows somebody else's front door. So after a couple of hours of research and talking to UPS and reading and reading and reading, here is where I am at. The seller listed his location as a city in Michigan. He was really in Sri Lanka. What he was doing was to accept an order and take the money, then he would order the Transformer from Mouser and have it delivered to the buyer. However he would use a stolen credit card, so Mouser got screwed. And actually he was selling for less than what mouser charges. Apparently Mouser figured out the scam and shut down whatever he was doing. It looks like the early buyers actually got Transformers from Mouser, and the late arrivals like myself got nothing. However he did provide a tracking number. But that number turned out to be a package from Amazon to somebody in my city? And I really can't figure out how he managed to get a tracking number going to my town in order to hold off the investigation. I also found out he has about four different eBay accounts. In my case although he claimed to be from Michigan, if you clicked on the seller and then clicked on seller details it came back to Sri Lanka. So if any of you guys are seeing great deals on hammond transformers on eBay, do yourself a favor and click on the seller and check him out. I guess eBay will refund my money, but the whole thing is going to put my build back a couple of weeks and probably cost me $50 more than I was hoping to spend. So all I can say is, what a wonderful bunch of people over there."
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
bepone

Post by bepone »

now is clear but inside mouser box they was always the receipt.. it should be clear about the ordering person that is 3.rd party
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

I'm reasonably sure most of us have a story like that. My rule of thumb on eBay is don't spend more than you are willing to lose. I keep my expectations low. I'm generally well rewarded. I had one incident where "my package" was delivered (supposedly) in San Francisco. I live in Baltimore. Details not important. It was a similar scam. Fortunately, eBay covered the loss.

In general, when dealing with an unknown party, if it looks too good to be true, trust your instinct. Almost certainly, it really is too good to be true. Don't do it.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Phil_S wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:59 pm In general, when dealing with an unknown party, if it looks too good to be true, trust your instinct. Almost certainly, it really is too good to be true. Don't do it.
You mean there aren't hot local singles dying to meet me, just a click away?
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Max,
Even if that were so, you are probably invisible. I know I am.
Phil