PSA Hammond transformer blowout

List tube amp related items you wish to sell or trade. Private sales only. No dealers or manufactures.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

zephyrblau

PSA Hammond transformer blowout

Post by zephyrblau »

all;
maybe old news to some here but, Hammond is being blown out on ebay. user emeve-7733 (which, as it turns out, is actually Mouser) seems to be clearing the decks.
HTH
jerry
Yamariv

Re: PSA Hammond transformer blowout

Post by Yamariv »

Can't find that seller at all. Any chance you could post a link?
xtian

Post by xtian »

Go to eBay's Advanced search options, scroll down, find field for Seller Name.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
zephyrblau

Post by zephyrblau »

see if this works;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354777144685?e ... SwPGNkpQmJ

from there click on "see other items"
Last edited by zephyrblau on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Best prices I've seen. Beats Hawk Electronics. If I needed one of the offerings, I would certainly buy it.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Looks tempting, but seems a bit too good to be true. Handful of negative reviews say they never shipped. Also, If this is Mouser, why would they go through eBay and why would they be in New York? There's at least one other seller with the same 2x Hammond transformer deal in a different city in New York. Can anyone verify this isn't a scam?
zephyrblau

Post by zephyrblau »

I've already received a couple of chokes and a PT.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

zephyrblau wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:58 am I've already received a couple of chokes and a PT.
Cool, thanks. Will probably give it a shot. Still seems suspicious to me, though I guess eBay has some buyer protections.
zephyrblau

Post by zephyrblau »

I just got a "hinky" message from the seller. suggest a halt on this until such a time as I can clarify.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Placed an order before getting the warning. Some of it has arrived, indeed from mouser. Closer inspection of the 2pcs Hammond eBay accounts, I believe they are one or many Sri Lankan laundromats with eBay accounts in the states, drop shipping through Mouser. Possible they just have a big Mouser gift card, or they are really bad at math, or something, but likely something shady that benefits most parties enough that the powers that be will ignore things until they cause problems. Just a guess... I will stay away from now on.
zephyrblau

Post by zephyrblau »

the message I got from the seller said that "... the warehouse" didn't want to ship to my address any more and requested an alternate. (weird, yes, I know) I added my next door neighbor's address to my ebay account and notified the seller but
have yet to receive a reply or any tracking info.
one of my PT orders was cancelled and payment promptly refunded. I received my first batch of chokes w/o issue and am waiting on 2 more chokes as well as a couple more PTs. payment by paypal (credit card) so I'm reasonably assured I won't lose any $$$.
my sense is that someone is selling product out the back door.
zephyrblau

Post by zephyrblau »

@Max ... hopefully all your stuff arrived OK. the shipping glitch aside, I redirected a couple of things to my next door neighbor, all of my orders came through.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Glad your stuff was sorted out. I didn't have any issues, aside from the moral questions. I don't think there is any chance someone is stealing from Mouser and still using their shipping department. This is 100% a drop shipping thing. Sri Lankan laundromat is my best guess. Ebay, Hammond, Mouser, and whoever is buying are getting a good deal, so unlikely they will complain regardless of how suspicious it seems.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

I ordered two chokes. Came in about 4 days later, in a mouser box. They look right, no issues. Pleased with the price/purchase.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
BrownIsound

Post by BrownIsound »

Ordered a pt and OT for a home brew amp I want to make for a Leslie 125…been looking forever for a cheap (<$100) donor PA amp for this purpose, but at this price, getting what I want would be better, assuming I get them that is.