Editable ExpressSCH Express schematic

Trainwreck schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

10thTx

Editable ExpressSCH Express schematic

Post by 10thTx »

Editable SCH schematic of an Express. Fairly close to the original in Trainwreck files with the addition of some smoothing caps. Compare to original version A1

With respect, 10thtx

EDIT: Added a Trainwreck Rocket with EL84's also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10thTx on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
10thTx

Re: Editable ExpressSCH Express schematic

Post by 10thTx »

Just an idea for a 9 watt Trainwreck. DRAFT design
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10thTx on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

And an idea for a Trainwreck Rocket using 6BM8's.

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

And an ECL84 version that would give about 3-4 watts. The LTPI, power amp and B+ rail came from a So Low Watt amp that I built that had strong similarities in the preamp to this idea.

You should be able to find the SoLow Watt amp doing a search on TAG.

With respect, 10thtx
bluesky636

Post by bluesky636 »

I used the schematic package to make a schematic of my Express clone:
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Haven't built this but this is how I'd approach adding reverb.

With respect, 10thtx

EDIT: I've added a version with paralleled FX. This is a DRAFT idea for a Wreck. However, I use FX in my D-inspired amps & like the tone I get from it. The power rail is on the 2nd page of the SCH file.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Here is an idea for a Rocket with 5881's and an active FX loop.

Just a DRAFT idea. Check for ERRORS!

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

And another DRAFT idea that I have not built. CHECK for errors!

I've built a few amps with 5879 and like the fat (somewhat chimey) tone of that pentode. I have not built this.

The active FX level makes a great master volume and allows a reverb or delay pedal in the mix.

The 220p cap across the LTPI entrance triode plate resistor is an "enhance cap" and allows the higher frequencies to be smoother, IMO.

The 2.2k 5881 screen resistors add some more compression.

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Some more ideas for Rocket Reverbs. CHECK for errors! Compare to other Rocket Reverbs on the forum. Some of these are DRAFT unproven ideas and some are simply variations of schematics already posted.

The idea is to have "editable" versions so forum members can post any mods they have made.

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Octal Express by FusionBear.

With respect, 10thtx

The thread on this amp is here: http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

There is some thought that the PPIMV would work better if wired in the more normal/typical PPIMV Lar-Mars manner. However, FusionBear tried both ways and prefers what is shown in the schematic.

Please note that the 120p cap across the LTPI 82k plate resistor is not used by FusionBear and instead he uses a 47p snubbing cap from one LTPI plate to the other similar to some Fender builds.

I would NOT use paralleled 330R cathode power tube resistors. I would use closer to 470R paralleled ........... OR a single shared 250R. Most Fender cathode biased amps with 6V6 or 6L6 use a shared 250R cathode resistor or a 470R single resistor in a SE amp.
Last edited by 10thTx on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
fusionbear

Post by fusionbear »

I tried 10thTx's suggestion of the 120pf across the 82k plate PI resistor and prefer it. I removed the 47pf snubber. I also added a 510K across the 50uf B1+ Filter cap. Also, I double checked my circuit and I have a 82k on the plate of V1.
Learning to learn...
tubedogsmith

Post by tubedogsmith »