ax84 4 4 0 layout question

Trainwreck schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mehfuzhoss

ax84 4 4 0 layout question

Post by mehfuzhoss »

Hello,

Im building this tw with the layout from ax84. can some one plz tell where these two grey colored wires come from? they are connected to the power switch. it looks to me they are coming out of the output transformer. i am using hammond 269JX PT and it doesn't have two grey wires but only one grey wire. it will be greatly appreciated if someone can guide me through this build.

https://ibb.co/VL2Gnjt

Thank you.
sluckey

Re: ax84 4 4 0 layout question

Post by sluckey »

mehfuzhoss wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:47 am Im building this tw with the layout from ax84. can some one plz tell where these two grey colored wires come from? they are connected to the power switch. it looks to me they are coming out of the output transformer. i am using hammond 269JX PT and it doesn't have two grey wires but only one grey wire. it will be greatly appreciated if someone can guide me through this build.
Just because the wires are gray on the layout doesn't mean they are actually gray. Those wires are actually white and black and they come out of the 269J. You should just cap off the gray wire coming out of the 269J because it's not needed. See linked pdf...

https://www.hammfg.com/files/parts/pdf/269JX.pdf
MakerDP

Re: ax84 4 4 0 layout question

Post by MakerDP »

Sluckey has the right answer, but always check your build against the schematic when you come up on things like this. It will generally answer those types of questions more quickly.

A hint on this build... make sure your wiring is neat and tidy and your routing follows the layout exactly. This amp is prone to oscillations if your wiring is not neat or you try and route your wiring via shortcuts.