ANY ACTUAL A/B CLIPS OF DUMBLE AND CLONE??

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Tag

ANY ACTUAL A/B CLIPS OF DUMBLE AND CLONE??

Post by Tag »

Do any of the Dumble builders/cloners on here have direct A/B clips of the Dumble and their clone of it when it was finished? That would be a true test mark, and a a great selling tool I would think. :wink: Here is Dumble # XYZ and here is how it sounds in three settings. Here is clone of #XYZ, now listen and compare the tones!! Miss the mark or bullseye?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:P
Funkalicousgroove

Re: ANY ACTUAL A/B CLIPS OF DUMBLE AND CLONE??

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

Most folks here on the forum have neve seen a real dumble in person, let alone been inside one to clone.

Furthermore, the only way to truly approximate it would be to use old stock parts/seasoned iron. They sound different after 20 years of being played.

That being said, I'll see if my buddy will let me borrow his ODS SN# in the 170's and I'll do the comparison for you, it has silverface twin Iron and I should have the necessary old stock parts on hand. Be patient though, these things take time and I am extraordinarily busy.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
Funkalicousgroove

Tag wrote:Do any of the Dumble builders/cloners on here have direct A/B clips of the Dumble and their clone of it when it was finished? That would be a true test mark, and a a great selling tool I would think. :wink: Here is Dumble # XYZ and here is how it sounds in three settings. Here is clone of #XYZ, now listen and compare the tones!! Miss the mark or bullseye?

Why don't you just let me Clone yours and you can do the comparison clips?
Tag

Post by Tag »

Funkalicousgroove wrote:
Tag wrote:Do any of the Dumble builders/cloners on here have direct A/B clips of the Dumble and their clone of it when it was finished? That would be a true test mark, and a a great selling tool I would think. :wink: Here is Dumble # XYZ and here is how it sounds in three settings. Here is clone of #XYZ, now listen and compare the tones!! Miss the mark or bullseye?

Why don't you just let me Clone yours and you can do the comparison clips?

LOL!! Its on its way! I will ship you the tracking # asap! :wink:
Funkalicousgroove

Shipping a dumble is a scary thing!! I sweat bullets every time!