Ordered a BlueMonkey in March 09 - Still didn't get it

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

bluesfendermanblues

Re: Ordered a BlueMonkey in March 09 - Still didn't get it

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

Are they still in business - they could have filed bankrupt? happens to a lot of fine companies these days...
leleduke

Post by leleduke »

I talked to Moss today and everything is ok. He say's he will ship my stuff this week. It looks like he caught a bug over the thanksgiving weekend.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I keep telling people to stay away from the green turkey. Do they listen to me? Noooooooooooooooo...

Hope you are feeling better, Moss.
Platinum321

Post by Platinum321 »

Thanks for the info. Guess I won't be ordering from him. That is way to long to wait for a box of parts.
toh220

Post by toh220 »

Still haven't received the kit, although I called Moss (more than one month ago!) and he promised he'd be shipping soon..

One thing I don't understand: I read on forums, and I see on youtube, that some people received their Bluemonkey kit.

I ordered in March 09 and still didn't get it !

Does anybody think this is acceptable ?
bluesfendermanblues

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

toh220 wrote:Still haven't received the kit, although I called Moss (more than one month ago!) and he promised he'd be shipping soon..

One thing I don't understand: I read on forums, and I see on youtube, that some people received their Bluemonkey kit.

A Dumble takes 5 years, so compared to that, its nothing.

No, seriously its much too long. Cancel the order and source the parts yourself. Cheaper and easier.
Diva or not? - Respect for Mr. D's work....)
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

[quote="bluesfendermanbluesA Dumble takes 5 years, so compared to that, its nothing.[/quote]

Or 20years!

TM
Life is deaf, knock loud!
Guitarman18

Post by Guitarman18 »

toh220 wrote;
Still haven't received the kit, although I called Moss (more than one month ago!) and he promised he'd be shipping soon..

Hi toh220,

This is definitely not acceptable and if I was Moss, I would get this sorted. By all accounts he has a great product, but this situation can really tarnish his reputation. Particularly when members of this forum start to hear about such things.

I would highly recommend sourcing the parts yourself. In my own experience, I gained a much greater understanding of the ODS system, by having to investigate each part, rather than building by numbers and not having to have a greater depth of insight.

There are some great BOM's in the files section that will allow you to make your build as close to an original as you like, and there are plenty of members who love the opportunity to help newer members to source the correct parts, as they have been helped in the past.

Mouser is a great 'one stop solution' for most of the parts, but you will need to get the 6PS OD caps, tubes and trannies from someone like AES. The only other thing you'll need to consider is a chassis, which you could still get from Moss, or one of the other surpliers.

Just a thought. :wink:

Cheers,

Paul.
Tonegeek

Post by Tonegeek »

Most of what I have read in this post echoes my own experience a year ago with a BN KIT order: Great product, nice guy, 10 week wait, inconsistent communication, "It will ship this week" and then didn't, etc. The fallout from this is that one of my friends who wanted me to build the same BN kit for him backed out. So I lost a build opportunity and Moss lost a kit order. "The check's in the mail" responses are what bothered me the most about this experience. I would rather just hear the truth. If you can tolerate the way Moss does business, then its worth it. My 18 watter sounds great.
Pitcher Amplification
http://pitcheramps.com
Structo

Post by Structo »

Yes it is a shame really.

Can only hurt the business.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
talbany

Post by talbany »

If you have a Mouser account there is a program in there that lets you build a database for a certain project you are working on.. Find a BOM( there are a few around) build your own project base.. Find a source for Transformers and chassis... Build your own boards zip zip..Your soldering in a week.. Maybe someone here would be kind enough to build the database in Mouser..I don't think Mouser stocks the 6ps so order the MPP's....

Tony VVT
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Structo

Post by Structo »

Sorry I can't remember who drew this up.

Maybe IC racer.

Part numbers and specs BOM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

Structo

Post by Structo »

More
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

talbany wrote:If you have a Mouser account there is a program in there that lets you build a database for a certain project you are working on.. Find a BOM( there are a few around) build your own project base.. Find a source for Transformers and chassis... Build your own boards zip zip..Your soldering in a week.. Maybe someone here would be kind enough to build the database in Mouser..I don't think Mouser stocks the 6ps so order the MPP's....

Tony VVT
I built my BN BM 88 reverb using only the chassis from Moss. I sourced the parts myself from 3-4 vendors, ordered trannies directly from Heyboer and built the boards myself. Mouser does carry 6PS, only 4-5 values though.

I think I even have a BN BM BOM in my Mouser project manager.

TM
brownnote

Post by brownnote »

Hey folks, if anybody need to get in contact me shoot me a PM or give me a call at 916-798-3163.
-Moss
Remember kids...Always adjust for minimum smoke!

D'Lite Kits: http://store.bnamp.com/dlitekits.html