Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

talbany

Ceriatone 183 and Ford Amp

Post by talbany »

Gee!! I wonder where these came from

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Zippy

Re: Ceriatone 183 and Ford Amp

Post by Zippy »

I guess we know where the technical brains of the outfit resides - and it's not at Ceriatone...
67plexi

Post by 67plexi »

Quote; As Miles Davis said It makes me sick all over my body just thinking about it. :P
stevlech

Post by stevlech »

Ruh Roh

I sincerely hope that this type of behavior doesn't stall the generous and prolific disclosure that's been happening recently.

Thank you to all of the contributors like Tony, Scott, Brandon, Gil, et al who make this a wonderful forum.
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

AH-HA!!! Even I can spot several "mistakes" in 183 going by my internal pictures!! :wink:
Last edited by Mr Dumble on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jborders5

Post by jborders5 »

stevlech wrote: I sincerely hope that this type of behavior doesn't stall the generous and prolific disclosure that's been happening recently.
Agreed.....

We should at least look at the bright side. Politician tone is now in reach of the common folk.
http://agbamplifiers.com/
Dumble Clone Circuit Boards
paulster

Post by paulster »

stevlech wrote:I sincerely hope that this type of behavior doesn't stall the generous and prolific disclosure that's been happening recently.
And why should it?

This information is put out in the public domain for people to be able to use.

When Gil got the whole thing started it was to benefit everyone who wanted to use it. And that was the point.

Other builders have used plenty of information from here but no-one's busting their balls over it. The only person who has reason to be upset is actually the one whose work it is, and that's HAD.

I can't help but think that if Nik were based in the US that we wouldn't be seeing quite such a negative response.
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

Zippy wrote:I guess we know where the technical brains of the outfit resides - and it's not at Ceriatone...

Right. It resides in Howard Dumbles brain. No Dumble clone is anything more than someone trying to copy Dumbles ideas.
stevlech

Post by stevlech »

I can't help but think that if Nik were based in the US that we wouldn't be seeing quite such a negative response.
What makes you say that?
Dr-Joned

Post by Dr-Joned »

stevlech wrote:
What makes you say that?
I don't see anyone getting upset over Bludotone or some of the others that are profiting.
I Think I Think Too Much !
talbany

Post by talbany »

Mr Dumble wrote:AH-HA!!! Even I can spot several "mistakes" in 183 going by my internal pictures!! :wink:
That's because he hasn't seen my layout of it.. :wink: :wink:

Im not angry I'm Disguuusted!!..:lol:

Tony
Last edited by talbany on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevlech

Post by stevlech »

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to start a fight. I just felt that publishing info directly lifted from the forum into public view might be unappreciated by the contributors. Then again, they must be aware of it and choose to share regardless. Three cheers for that!

I'll shut up now
fritferret

Post by fritferret »

i must say, why it's ok for some folks to build these things, but not others is beyond me. i'm also not at all convinced that just because clones exist, someone able to buythe real deal is somehow now lest interested in buying one. if dumble himself has an attitude about this--i can understand that. but ANYONE else gettig pissy about cloning an amp they didn't design...give me a break.

hooray for nik and every other d-style builder. good luck to all of you.
ampdork

Post by ampdork »

I think we really cannot blame a man for being resourceful.
"...& I'm all out of bubblegum"
mad_dog

Post by mad_dog »

I think this is probably just pushing things a little too far, I think that Nik is trying to run a business off others knowledge and resources and that is not quite right, if Nik had of come on the forum a little more and contributed, or alternatively given credit to the guys who help provide the info in the first place, it would be a lot better.

I know I am going to take a lot more away from this forum than I will ever give but I'm never going to make money from what I take.

I'm sure Nik has the resources behind him that he could be tweaking away on these amps and providing a lot more to this community, with new fresh ideas and approaches, instead he continues to lurk without ever posting or providing thanks, and only copies directly info provided here for his own profit.

In response to guys who are making US clones and don't seem to get flamed, most of these guys seem to make clones and tweak to there personal tastes, further more most of these guys contribute a lot of there knowledge to this forum, with out a lot of them all of these new layouts that Tony has done a great job of probably wouldn't exist.

thats my 2c