QUINN "DUMBLE #183" CLONE ARRIVES.

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mr Dumble

Re: QUINN "DUMBLE #183" CLONE ARRIVES.

Post by Mr Dumble »

mdroberts1243 wrote:Hmmm.... six pages and still no gut shot.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
mdroberts1243

Post by mdroberts1243 »

Mr Dumble wrote:

O.k. Seven pages! :)
-mark.
My tube blog & link directory: http://tubenexus.com
Cause & Effect Pedals FET Dream and Dumble Style Chassis
da Geezer

Post by da Geezer »

mdroberts1243 wrote:
Mr Dumble wrote:

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11357

I guess some folks "get a pass".....
SuperReverb2

Post by SuperReverb2 »

da Geezer wrote:
mdroberts1243 wrote:
Mr Dumble wrote:

Pretty sure nobody is "getting a pass" as the mods are always free to close this thread or any other thread they feel violates the so called "gut shot" rule. Given the history of the original #183 and the issues that have arisen over cloning/copying said amp not only here but on The Gear Page as well, I HIGHLY doubt that you will ever see guts shots of the original 183 or the TKT 183 posted here for all to view.
That in itself is basically, "it is what it is." Not here to debate whether that is right or wrong. Not my call. None of my business actually. Personally I'm very happy for the original owner of 183 (Tag) in that his wish of a CLOSE copy has materalized. I'm sure that has lessened the blow of having to sell such a wonderful amp, albeit the circumstances around that sale were certainly honorable and commendable. I'm also happy for the current owner of 183 in that he now has a VERY CLOSE copy should he ever part with 183 down the road.

Original mission accomplished! Nuf said IMHO. :)

:)
Last edited by SuperReverb2 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
makrisp

Post by makrisp »

Tag

The amp sounds fantastic, enjoy it!

Shad,

Congrats on hitting the nail on the head.
PM
Chad

Post by Chad »

SuperReverb2 wrote:
da Geezer wrote:
mdroberts1243 wrote: O.k. Seven pages! :)

Pretty sure nobody is "getting a pass" as the mods are always free to close this thread or any other thread they feel violates the so called "gut shot" rule. Given the history of the original #183 and the issues that have arisen over cloning/copying said amp not only here but on The Gear Page as well, I HIGHLY doubt that you will ever see guts shots of the original 183 or the TKT 183 posted here for all to view.
That in itself is basically, "it is what it is." Not here to debate whether that is right or wrong. Not my call. None of my business actually. Personally I'm very happy for the original owner of 183 (Tag) in that his wish of a CLOSE copy has materalized. I'm sure that has lessened the blow of having to sell such a wonderful amp, albeit the circumstances around that sale were certainly honorable and commendable. I'm also happy for the current owner of 183 in that he now has a VERY CLOSE copy should he ever part with 183 down the road.

Mr Dumble wrote:I will post some pics of the innards as soon as I feel like removing the chassis.quote] Just sayin'. No huge deal though so long as the layout that Tony has posted is close(Or damn near dead on :wink: )? Even if it's not I'm sure some of us could get it there.All for the sake of TONE!! Right,Right am I Right..... :lol: :D Chad
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

da Geezer wrote:
mdroberts1243 wrote:
Mr Dumble wrote:

Met everytjing on there babe. there is a schematic on the amp already listed supposedly. :wink: Pics are up, its a Non HRM skyliner, and I owned the original to which compare this clone to, and have posted direct A/B clips proving they sound alike. VERY VERY good. :D
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

SuperReverb2 wrote:
da Geezer wrote:

Well said Chuck. Thank you.
butwhatif

Post by butwhatif »

Seven pages of ? information, excuse me, 3 amps that sound alike w/ the same person playing, congrats. Think if HAD made every amp the same.
Fortunately he didn't even try. Would this forum exist if all were identical? Who has the crystal ball for what works. Can Larry, Robben, et al get their sound out of 10 different ones? I wish i didn't feel like i wasted my time reading this thread. There's nothing new here.
da Geezer

Post by da Geezer »

Mr Dumble wrote:
da Geezer wrote:

Met everytjing on there babe. there is a schematic on the amp already listed supposedly. :wink: Pics are up, its a Non HRM skyliner, and I owned the original to which compare this clone to, and have posted direct A/B clips proving they sound alike. VERY VERY good. :D
Yeah, I concede that you techincally meet all the requirements.

I suppose it's the attitude of taunting that sours me to the whole thing....."I know something that you don't know, can't know, & will NEVER know because I'll NEVER tell! HAHAHA!".
IMO that type of stuff doesn't belong on a builders forum & only works against the stated goal of the group. If you know some big secret, great! Keep it to yourself & let everyone else in the lower classes keep muddling onward & upward in peace, instead of dragging them down with your taunts.

I'm coming to realize that the only reason you are here (on this forum) is to be stroked & adored, as it seems you have been run out of other outlets for your ego. You don't (can't) contribute anything as a builder, but definately contribute to the division of people & groups.
I understand that you were once kicked off of this forum, but it seems you have something that someone wants, so you were let back in(?). You definately divide folks into your supporters & detractors wherever you go.
The original info on 183 was shared against your wishes (if I understand correctly), but now that it's out, you play it up to the hilt, gathering all the attention you can, which seems distasteful to me.

I'm a guest here & have probably said too much already, but IMO the taunting simply doesn't belong in a place set up for learning & sharing. I don't contribute much here (as I am not a cloner), but freely share at other forums more tuned to my interest in circuit experimentation.

Personally, I have no interest in "the secret", as I'm on my own quest for "my tone", not (the REAL) Mr. Dumble's or your's. It's the poor attitude that's being allowed to run free here that I'm pointing to, & the degradation of this fine & excellent forum into the bottom line contribution of "VERY, VERY GOOD".....that's really all you have contributed, or can contribute for that matter, as you are a player, not a builder.

Geezer
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

da Geezer wrote:
Mr Dumble wrote:
da Geezer wrote:

Yeah, I concede that you techincally meet all the requirements.

I suppose it's the attitude of taunting that sours me to the whole thing....."I know something that you don't know, can't know, & will NEVER know because I'll NEVER tell! HAHAHA!".
IMO that type of stuff doesn't belong on a builders forum & only works against the stated goal of the group. If you know some big secret, great! Keep it to yourself & let everyone else in the lower classes keep muddling onward & upward in peace, instead of dragging them down with your taunts.

I'm coming to realize that the only reason you are here (on this forum) is to be stroked & adored, as it seems you have been run out of other outlets for your ego. You don't (can't) contribute anything as a builder, but definately contribute to the division of people & groups.
I understand that you were once kicked off of this forum, but it seems you have something that someone wants, so you were let back in(?). You definately divide folks into your supporters & detractors wherever you go.
The original info on 183 was shared against your wishes (if I understand correctly), but now that it's out, you play it up to the hilt, gathering all the attention you can, which seems distasteful to me.

I'm a guest here & have probably said too much already, but IMO the taunting simply doesn't belong in a place set up for learning & sharing. I don't contribute much here (as I am not a cloner), but freely share at other forums more tuned to my interest in circuit experimentation.

Personally, I have no interest in "the secret", as I'm on my own quest for "my tone", not (the REAL) Mr. Dumble's or your's. It's the poor attitude that's being allowed to run free here that I'm pointing to, & the degradation of this fine & excellent forum into the bottom line contribution of "VERY, VERY GOOD".....that's really all you have contributed, or can contribute for that matter, as you are a player, not a builder.

Geezer
Hey Geez. My attitude is due to the demading of posting the innards of my amps. Simply not going to happen. If guys want to see the inside of a Dumble, go out and buy one.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Buying a Dumble is clearly a passion for the rich these days and not worth it in my opinion.

.....and I have the right to voice my opinion, thank you very much! :)

That's partly why we build our own amps, those that don't build won't understand our passion.

Mark
jborders5

Post by jborders5 »

Mr Dumble wrote: Hey Geez. My attitude is due to the demading of posting the innards of my amps. Simply not going to happen. If guys want to see the inside of a Dumble, go out and buy one.
Or PM pretty much any active forum member for one...
http://agbamplifiers.com/
Dumble Clone Circuit Boards
tubedogsmith

Post by tubedogsmith »

Isn't this 183?

(no posting the gut shot at owners request)
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

tubedogsmith wrote:Isn't this 183?
Agreed! this is the one and only.

(no public posting of the gut shots please)