QUINN "DUMBLE #183" CLONE ARRIVES.

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mdroberts1243

Re: QUINN "DUMBLE #183" CLONE ARRIVES.

Post by mdroberts1243 »

There were requests, there were promises, and there was my post... a sad statement of fact. :cry:

On this forum and ampgarage in general, I think we all like to hear great examples of tone, recognize the success of a fellow builder and share our knowledge to help others progress on their projects, but we LOVE to see worked examples of circuits that 'nail' the elusive tone. We LIVE for clues that will help us progress further on our own meager efforts. Some of us like to show our work to others, all of us appreciate the showing.

The post above about rules made me think of freestompboxes.org. Those guys know what they are about and go about it with no dissembling. They have a simple rule: no taunting or teasing. You don't get away on their site with a statement like "I've got gut shots but I'm not going to share them" or "I've figured out the SSS but I won't tell you." If you don't want to share something you don't bring it up. Period.

I think a simple rule like that can help to eliminate hypocrisy, maybe reduce some of the kiss-ass tip-toeing around certain egos and keep the threads from devolving into embittered rants by disenfranchised forum members :oops: :roll: :cry: My $0.02.
-mark.
My tube blog & link directory: http://tubenexus.com
Cause & Effect Pedals FET Dream and Dumble Style Chassis
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

mdroberts1243 wrote:There were requests, there were promises, and there was my post... a sad statement of fact. :cry:

On this forum and ampgarage in general, I think we all like to hear great examples of tone, recognize the success of a fellow builder and share our knowledge to help others progress on their projects, but we LOVE to see worked examples of circuits that 'nail' the elusive tone. We LIVE for clues that will help us progress further on our own meager efforts. Some of us like to show our work to others, all of us appreciate the showing.

The post above about rules made me think of freestompboxes.org. Those guys know what they are about and go about it with no dissembling. They have a simple rule: no taunting or teasing. You don't get away on their site with a statement like "I've got gut shots but I'm not going to share them" or "I've figured out the SSS but I won't tell you." If you don't want to share something you don't bring it up. Period.

I think a simple rule like that can help to eliminate hypocrisy, maybe reduce some of the kiss-ass tip-toeing around certain egos and keep the threads from devolving into embittered rants by disenfranchised forum members :oops: :roll: :cry: My $0.02.
I had every intention on posting gut shots. (From a distance, non high resolution to show Quinns beautiful work). I had the amp apart, went to tak pics, and batteries dead in the camera. Then (Like when I owned the Dumble) the smart ass demands starting coming, so I changed my mind about it. Yes, there is a LITTLE teasing from me, but in a good hearted way. Sorry if it comes out sounding different. If someone else nails the tone on their own, I will be the first to say so, and be happy for them. :) If someone lives in my area and wants to stop by when we both have a little time and actually play the Quinn, they are more than welcome! I guess it comes off different on these forums, but I am really the nicest guy in the world. :oops: :wink:
Last edited by Mr Dumble on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Dumble

Post by Mr Dumble »

jborders5 wrote:
Mr Dumble wrote: Hey Geez. My attitude is due to the demading of posting the innards of my amps. Simply not going to happen. If guys want to see the inside of a Dumble, go out and buy one.
Or PM pretty much any active forum member for one...
Edit as this is not what happened.
dogears

Post by dogears »

Thread locked. I don't appreciate me being dragged into this and what occured being totally misrepresented.

Keep the discussions technical from now on in other threads.