After build tweaking - possible mod

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

heisthl

After build tweaking - possible mod

Post by heisthl »

Tweaking for your self is one thing but "guess" tweaking for someone else is near impossible. To clarify - the stories about HAD either having the person or the person's guitar so he could tweak up an amp make a lot of sense. I'm currently doing a project for someone else, I don't have him or his guitar(s) to tweak with so I tweaked for me playing like him with stock Tele,Strat and 335 guitars. I know it will sound different when he actually plugs in so, because he is far away I added a tone filter to the non-HRM design. Has anyone else tried this? It seems to sound good with different character on all 3 positions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Bob-I

Re: After build tweaking - possible mod

Post by Bob-I »

Looks like a cool idea, but I don't know if it'll be enough to cover the HAD type tweaks. These involve snubbers, Ck in different stages, coupling caps between different stages, series resistor and bypass caps etc. You need to spend many hours tweaking these to know how this affects the amp, and interacts wth other tweaks.

But I like the idea for sure. You might even think of using a single knob tone control like I posted in the 1/2 Dumble thread in place of this ckt.

You got me thinking :idea:
stelligan

Tweaking

Post by stelligan »

I am said 3rd party & just started lurking on the forum over the course of this build. I am very excited to start playing the amp and would love to have you guys walk me through the tweaking stages once I have the amp up and running at home. I have an EV 12L to load in the cab and will be playing my nashville tele and 345 through it mostly. I'll keep the chassis out for awhile and ask some questions if that's alright. Probably mostly - what should I not touch! Great forum...
tonelab2

Re: After build tweaking - possible mod

Post by tonelab2 »

The tone filter idea looks good to me. Great idea. I'll have to give it a try sometime. It's good to have variation.