My D'Lite

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampdoc1

Re: My D'Lite

Post by ampdoc1 »

For anybody that needs it, here is the Iron Sounds web link. Go to MANUALS, and there are schematics of the circuit, drilling guide, install instructions, etc. This is a great kit!!!!, and they offer the PCB for those that want to supply their own parts.

a'doc

http://www.ironsounds.com/
drew

Post by drew »

ampdoc - looking at your photos, and the ironsounds materials, it appears that you took advantage of the option to snap the board into two parts. Do you have a photo showing how/where you mounted the power section?
candh

Post by candh »

drew wrote:ampdoc - looking at your photos, and the ironsounds materials, it appears that you took advantage of the option to snap the board into two parts. Do you have a photo showing how/where you mounted the power section?
I'm interested, too. I just ordered a few kits from Aaron. Some pics of the power section would be great.

candh
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

Sorry guys,

I've got about every angle but that! But I put it on the side wall like the D'Lite PS board, but further forward, tucked in beside the indicator lamp. It just fit perfectly!!! I twisted up 3 wires (red/yellow/green, you can see in the pics of the EL board) and ran them around the perimeter of the chassis.

ampdoc
Structo

Post by Structo »

I just ordered one of these IronSound Fx Loops.

On the send and receive cables it looks like you have them both connected to the same spot.
Can you help me understand that?
Thanks
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

Structo,

The pic doesn't have enough resolution to make it clear, but the input to the Iron Sounds loop comes from the center leg of the Master pot, and the return from the loop connects to the input side of the .02 coupling cap (the other end of this cap goes to pin 2 of the phase inverter). The instructions included with the Iron Sounds kit show this, but if you have any more questions about this or any other stages of the build, feel free to contact me here, or ampdoc@juno.com.
Both the D'Lite and Iron Sounds loop are AWESOME.

ampdoc
Structo

Post by Structo »

Thanks I may take you up on your offer once I get the kit.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!