Radio Shack 273-1365 xfmr

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

xk49w

Radio Shack 273-1365 xfmr

Post by xk49w »

RadioShack is bankrupt. Yesterday the 273-1365 transformer, commonly used as a relay supply transformer was on sale on line for $4.99. Today they were all gone. I found two at a local store and bought one. The other was a staple-up return package and looked dodgy. Maybe I should go back and buy it anyway.

I am going to miss RadioShack. One could always run down there, pick up the needed electrolytic or a few assorted resistors, what-have-you to finish up a hack or fix someone's Hammond organ in the middle of the gig. I am just the sort that the founder envisioned as his target customer.

I never bought any hi-fi's, cell phones or TV tuners. Maybe an antenna though they probably don't sell those anymore. I bought components. Boxes. Bulk cable and wire. Cheap batteries. Perf board.

It looks like RS might end up as another Sprint store.
Structo

Re: Radio Shack 273-1365 xfmr

Post by Structo »

You are lucky you found one.

Several years ago I drove all over my town trying to find one store that had
one in stock....

nada
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Hello, I think Radio Shack may be heading towards bankruptcy but right now they are just closing some(a lot) of their stores. I read this post and went to a store having an 80% off sale and bought about $30 worth of LEDs and resistors for $5. They told me that store was closing. I then went to another store and they were doing business as usual. I still bought a couple 12v transformers and some circuit boards I like for building pedals. By the way, a friend of mine who is also a friend of Alexander told me that he likes to use at least one part from Radio Shack in his amp builds. :D
CW
drew

Post by drew »

Their website says 11 stores within ten miles of my zip code (San Francisco Bay Area) have that part in stock.
Regan

Post by Regan »

A few years ago when Radio Shack sold off most of their electronic parts to liquidators up here, a liquidation store I would frequent had 3 big bins of parts. I picked up a few grocery size bags of parts.
I just went and checked and I must have at least a dozen of those transformers still packaged up, and a few out of package. Sometimes it pays to be a scrounge. :)
Regan
xk49w

Post by xk49w »

Today it is back on sale online.
jelle

Post by jelle »

Thanks for that. I stocked up. :D
amplifiednation

Post by amplifiednation »

I just bought a bunch of those two. I've chased those down before too. They really are ideal for relays. Just can't use them out of the country!
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation