Is This a Dumbel Clone

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

SilverFox

Is This a Dumbel Clone

Post by SilverFox »

I've looked at this amp locally and to my limited experience gained from this forum it looks similar to a Dumble build. Any ideas?

http://medford.craigslist.org/msg/5011579811.html

Regards,

silverfox.
passfan

Re: Is This a Dumbel Clone

Post by passfan »

Looks kinda iffy to me. Lots of ceramic sockets and caps stuck everywhere like someone tried to stop some things that might have been the product of poor layout, component choice or wire routing. On top of all that it sounds like the owner has a higher value of it based on what he has invested instead of his result and all the hacking. I would gut it and build it right with all new cards and filters and wire. Good luck talking him down to that.
"It Happens"
Forrest Gump
rp

Post by rp »

Whoa! What is that giant cap prostrate on the topside? Or did someone just forget a Cobra malt liquor tallboy on the amp?
amplifiednation

Post by amplifiednation »

Hmmm...who knows what that is. Those PIO caps make it look like its a weapon of mass destruction.
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
SilverFox

Not Really

Post by SilverFox »

I went to take a look at this amp and at the time, 4 months ago I think... I figured I'd offer $100 as a parts box. Previous posts with just the chassis have hinted he expects about $800. My take away on the images were- Looks like a lot of NOS capacitors used to get the real MOJO- OH NO, not for me.

I don't know if he still has the other amp but it was a Marshall clone kit he paid $1300 for and played for about an hour then realized it was too much power so it's for sale. It looked like a good deal on a kit from I think it was Metro Amps or something like that. I guess it was a $3000 kit. JCM-800 as I recall... Some guys have all the luck,,, all the fame

silverfox.