ODS pre with Subminis (complete)

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jcsifu

Re: ODS pre with Subminis (complete)

Post by jcsifu »

martin manning wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 pm
jcsifu wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:54 amWould you be able to give info on the power supply boards you are talking about? I am building an all pc board (except tube) dumblator that was originally going into a 124 based amp. After reading the issues others have had with an in the amp application, I've decided to house it in a separate box and use a separate power supply. I need 1 B+ point with 250-350v.
The stand-alone D'lator supply is traditionally a small plate/filament transformer and rectifier/filter board, with rail voltages of 260 and 360VDC. You can find a schematic for that in the files section: https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 73#p413673

This SMPS has enough voltage for the plate supply, and includes a low voltage side for the filament:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-to-150V ... Sw4qxap6GE
Its current capacity is far more than what is needed, but it's still cheaper and smaller than the original linear supply. If you look you may find others.
I was looking at that stand-alone since you posted it. That was actually the starting point of me looking into switching gears from my original plan to place the small circuit board D-lator build I'm finishing up in the amp. I was trying to find a way to make it lighter and smaller and had been searching online but no results led to Ebay. Thanks Martin, you just pointed me to exactly what I have been looking for. :D
chaccmgr

Post by chaccmgr »

norburybrook wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:01 pm
chaccmgr wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:29 pm looks great! Any sound samples yet?

I've built a bass preamp with DI-out and an active tone stack with the very same tubes with pleasing results. My tubes are sticking out to the top for cooling reasons and are fenced by drawer handles. Got some PCBs left in case there is interest...(based in Germany)

Power Input is a standard 12V Wall-Wart or pedal supply, the V-Pump delivers around 240V (adjustable), heaters are 12V in series (the tubes are russian Mil-spec with tight tolerances, works fine)

by far not as pretty as yours, but it was an experiment very much worth the effort. Especially as a bass player you can have your sound with you, even if you leave the heavy gear at home.
I'd love to build one of those so please PM me for details. I'm in London by the way......UK.....remember? that country that used to be in the European Union :) !!!

M
did my PM reach you? I'm not sure as the portal keeps it in the Outbox...
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

chaccmgr wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 am
norburybrook wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:01 pm
chaccmgr wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:29 pm looks great! Any sound samples yet?

I've built a bass preamp with DI-out and an active tone stack with the very same tubes with pleasing results. My tubes are sticking out to the top for cooling reasons and are fenced by drawer handles. Got some PCBs left in case there is interest...(based in Germany)

Power Input is a standard 12V Wall-Wart or pedal supply, the V-Pump delivers around 240V (adjustable), heaters are 12V in series (the tubes are russian Mil-spec with tight tolerances, works fine)

by far not as pretty as yours, but it was an experiment very much worth the effort. Especially as a bass player you can have your sound with you, even if you leave the heavy gear at home.
I'd love to build one of those so please PM me for details. I'm in London by the way......UK.....remember? that country that used to be in the European Union :) !!!

M
did my PM reach you? I'm not sure as the portal keeps it in the Outbox...
yes, sorry for the late reply. I've been away all week doing an actual gig!! then straight back into the studio for back to back sessions.

I'll message you.

M