Good books to read for tube guitar amp

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jazzyjoepass

Good books to read for tube guitar amp

Post by jazzyjoepass »

Kevin O' Connor's "The Ultimate Tone Series"

Have found this book really interesting and informational. Good for beginners and pros alike.

http://www.londonpower.com/books/tut.htm
fred_farkel

Book

Post by fred_farkel »

Thanks for the information on the tone book, I need all the help I can get. I'm almost at the point of throwing in the towel and just buying an amp. I would if the wife haden't offered to help me learn how to read a schematic. Makes me wish I could turn back the hands of time 40 years or so....armed with what I know know I could have been in a better position!
fred_farkel

Book

Post by fred_farkel »

Thanks for the information on the tone book, I need all the help I can get. I'm almost at the point of throwing in the towel and just buying an amp. I would if the wife haden't offered to help me learn how to read a schematic. Makes me wish I could turn back the hands of time 40 years or so....armed with what I know know I could have been in a better position!
Normster

Re: Good books to read for tube guitar amp

Post by Normster »

Hang in there, Fred. I'm a beginner just like you and it's VERY cool when you get your first Dumble (or any other amp) up and running. Nothing quite like having an amp that doesn't sound like anyone else's. ;)
guitar-head

Re: Good books to read for tube guitar amp

Post by guitar-head »

I highly recommend Kevin O'Connor's The Ultimate Tone (TUT) books. I have TUT 1, 2, 3 and 5. Although they can sometimes be quite technical, you can skip those parts if you like and still get TONS of highly useful, practical information.

Start with TUT 1 and go from there. You won't be disappointed.

This is my first post in this forum. I look forward to participating.

Regards,
Don