Bonamassa new amp day

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rootz

Re: Bonamassa new amp day

Post by rootz »

I can't deny the principle of supply and demand and the effect on prices that comes with it.

But really, how much does this limit players buying Dumbles? There are roughly 293 ODS's not in JB's collection. Of those probably many are in other collections never to be shown or heard by the rest of the world. At least JB gets them out on stage and plays them.

My other comment was a mere joke. Of course no-one is going to share schematics.
award70

Post by award70 »

But really, how much does this limit players buying Dumbles? There are roughly 293 ODS's not in JB's collection. Of those probably many are in other collections never to be shown or heard by the rest of the world. At least JB gets them out on stage and plays them.
Well said. In a recent YouTube clip he essentially said that if you’re mad that he bought a dumble amp, then the next time one’s up for sale go ahead and buy it.

I don’t think he’s cornered the market. Not yet at least :wink:
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

award70 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 am In a recent YouTube clip he essentially said that if you’re mad that he bought a dumble amp, then the next time one’s up for sale go ahead and buy it.
JB just dropped a notch in my estimation.
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

I'm just curious if he runs any of his effects directly into the Dumbles, or just feeds them the dry signal with the effects going to the Marshalls and Fenders. I've never heard him mention owning a Dumblelator or a similar FX buffer device.
award70

Post by award70 »

Why? I think he truly appreciates the gear he has. I could be wrong…
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

award70 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am
martin manning wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:13 pm
award70 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 am In a recent YouTube clip he essentially said that if you’re mad that he bought a dumble amp, then the next time one’s up for sale go ahead and buy it.
Got a link to that YouTube? I realize it's paraphrased, and out of context, but if he said that it makes him seem tone-deaf.
award70

Post by award70 »

Yeah I hear you . I’ll look for it.
ijedouglas

Post by ijedouglas »

Honestly guys, he's responding to folks saying that he is "buying up all the vintage gear" which is such a preposterous suggestion. I've seen him say it a few times, if you're upset that he is buying up a 'burst or a Dumble, he will give you first dibs on it (I'm paraphrasing here...) :D

I personally think it's great that he can afford to buy them and take them on the road so we get to see them and talk about them.
Ian
j0k3335

Post by j0k3335 »

ijedouglas wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm I personally think it's great that he can afford to buy them and take them on the road so we get to see them and talk about them.
totally agree ... and it's our pleasure :roll: :D
award70

Post by award70 »

martin manning wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 pm
award70 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am
martin manning wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:13 pm
Got a link to that YouTube? I realize it's paraphrased, and out of context, but if he said that it makes him seem tone-deaf.
I found it. Check out 1:08:10 to 1:11:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI_Zd1Qrvcs
Dr d

Post by Dr d »

These amps are the tools of his trade. They are also his pension pot. He is only making hay while the sun shines. He fully admits that his future/career as a musician is full of uncertainty.
Dr d

Post by Dr d »

Dr d wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 pm These amps are the tools of his trade. They are also his pension pot. He is only making hay while the sun shines. He fully admits that his future/career as a musician is full of uncertainty. I have seen him live a couple of times and he puts on a great show and is a great role model to young and upcoming musicians.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Dr d wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 pm These amps are the tools of his trade. They are also his pension pot.
Yes, and if he uses them in his work he can write them off as capital investments and depreciate their value for tax purposes.
award70 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm I found it. Check out 1:08:10 to 1:11:08
Thanks, pretty much as you said, but he has to be aware that few people have the kind of money required to buy such things lying around just waiting for someone to put one up for sale.
award70

Post by award70 »

Yeah maybe it is a little tone deaf. (See what I did there? :roll: )
ijedouglas

Post by ijedouglas »

Here is a clip of him playing it. Interesting he is going into the FET.

https://twitter.com/JBONAMASSA/status/1 ... 2958521497
Ian