Bob-I's ODS clone

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

Bob-I's ODS clone

Post by HeeBGB »

Just had a small jam at my place today (Guitarists only unfortunately).
There were about 7 of us total.

I got the chance to play Bob's three channel ODS head and all I can say is I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!!

Bob is an excellent player too. I'm gonna get him to give me some slide lessons. :mrgreen:

I'll see if I can get some pics from one of the other guys!
Bob-I

Re: Bob-I's ODS clone

Post by Bob-I »

HeeBGB wrote:Just had a small jam at my place today (Guitarists only unfortunately).
There were about 7 of us total.

I got the chance to play Bob's three channel ODS head and all I can say is I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!!

Bob is an excellent player too. I'm gonna get him to give me some slide lessons. :mrgreen:

I'll see if I can get some pics from one of the other guys!
Thx. I had a great time too. It was great being able to crank up my new amp plus hear other folks amps.
George Adzich

Post by George Adzich »

Bob,

I have learned a lot from your posts and I think I am finally ready to start my Dumble project.

Do you have a "final" schematic of your dumble circuit??

I found one of your early schematics and I was curious if it was the most recent.

I really like your last sounds clips as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you when you come out to the West coast again.

Cheers,

George
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

George Adzich wrote:Bob,

I have learned a lot from your posts and I think I am finally ready to start my Dumble project.

Do you have a "final" schematic of your dumble circuit??

I found one of your early schematics and I was curious if it was the most recent.

I really like your last sounds clips as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you when you come out to the West coast again.

Cheers,

George
Um.... how is that possible if this is your first post? :roll: Lurking :?:

I'm still finalizing the schematic but I'll get it posted. Lots of trial and error and tweaking values until it sounds right. It's also a matter of the type of component too, I.E. PS series orange drops sound different than 715 series.
George Adzich

Post by George Adzich »

Bob,

It is my first post on this site, but we have exchanged e-mails in the past.

You mentioned that you sometimes come out to the West coast for business.

-George
NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq »

Hey guys, I just got home (a little after eight o'clock). Fun time...ears still ringing! We were driving home and I was raving about the ODS...then Jon called Allyn and he was raving about it, too. Fantastic amp...so versatile and sweet sounding no matter how you dial it in. Greg's trainwreck was no slouch either. Must stay focused on the 36...must stay...focused... :lol:

Pete

P.S. I'm also going to retire my fungu-fied metal slide and find one of those Coricidin re-issues... :D
Last edited by NitroLiq on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

bah! how much would shipping be to send a bassman head to ya to finish tweaking bob:) ill even throw in a 6pack of beer for you....
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

NitroLiq wrote:Hey guys, I just got home (a little after eight o'clock). Fun time...ears still ringing!

So answer it....... :lol:
We were driving home and I was raving about the ODS...then Jon called Allyn and he was raving about it, too. Fantastic amp...so versatile and sweet sounding no matter how you dial it in. Greg's trainwreck was no slouch either. Must stay focused on the 36...must stay...focused... :lol:
I'm thrilled. This was it's first outting and it really sounds great.
Pete

P.S. I'm also going to retire my fungu-fied metal slide and find one of those Coricidin re-issues... :D
I have a vid lesson I did awhile ago. Let me look it up and send it on. Of course you could always get the Allman Brothers at the Beacon DVD and study Derrick Trucks, the kid is amazing!!
dogears

Post by dogears »

Sounds like fun! So when do I get invited to these jams???? I am a Joisey guy as well! ;)

Glad Bob's amp was sounding so good! I'd love to hear her in person.
NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq »

Bob-I wrote:I have a vid lesson I did awhile ago. Let me look it up and send it on. Of course you could always get the Allman Brothers at the Beacon DVD and study Derrick Trucks, the kid is amazing!!
Yeah would love to see it. I take to long to slide into pitch as you could hear in the "gimmie three steps" fiasco...I'll take all the help I can get! :lol:
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Bobs ODS absolutely rocks!

Allynmey
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

dogears wrote:Sounds like fun! So when do I get invited to these jams???? I am a Joisey guy as well! ;)

Glad Bob's amp was sounding so good! I'd love to hear her in person.
You are hear-by invited for next time. I don't know when that will be. Little league is starting up and my son is playing league AND is on a travel team as well. Saturdays and Sundays will be booked for a while! I may host something small during the week at night. I own my own business and we have some industrial space in Kenilworth. It's removed from neighbors and such so we can be loud....late without being bothered! I'll let you guys know when. My friend Kenny is expecting a new Rheinhardt 18 next week. We may want to check it out the end of the week. I'll keep you posted!

Greg
dogears

Post by dogears »

I have the Glaswerks SOD50 and 2 very good sounding Fuchs amps that have been completely tweaked and blueprinted by me to my current formula.

Let me know when. I am in Cherry Hill though.... Not close I think.

My doors are open as well..... I have a soundproof studio.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Cherry Hill is going to be about a hour to and hour and a half ride. My office is about 15 min south west of Newark Airport not far from where route 22 and the GSP cross. I'm guessing that because of the distance, a weeknight is going to be difficult for you? I'd really love to check out your Fuchs! I'll see what I can do!

If you are going to host something let me know.
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

dogears wrote:I have the Glaswerks SOD50 and 2 very good sounding Fuchs amps that have been completely tweaked and blueprinted by me to my current formula.

Let me know when. I am in Cherry Hill though.... Not close I think.

My doors are open as well..... I have a soundproof studio.
Awesome.... (Bob awaits an invitation :D )

I do quite a bit of business travel though so weeknights are spotty. About every other week I'm away.