My friend's Two Rock sounds better than my Fuchs

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

keithsterling

My friend's Two Rock sounds better than my Fuchs

Post by keithsterling »

I have Fuch's hand wired Overdrive Supreme prototype (signed by Fuchs) and a Two Rock Amythest Special. The Fuchs is really lacking in bass response. and is thin and harsh compared to the Two Rock, which is big and full and clear and rich and seems to me to be an overall much better amp.

My friend says it is because my Fuchs uses Ruby tubes, which are lacking in low end and the Two Rock uses Electro Harmonix tubes which he says have too much bass.

Also, the Mid eq control seems to do the exact same thing as the bass control. I think the eq is wired wrong, he thinks it's the tubes, what do you think could be wrong, and is it possible to make the Fuchs sound as good as the Two-Rock?

Keith
groovtubin

Re: My friend's Two Rock sounds better than my Fuchs

Post by groovtubin »

keithsterling wrote:I have Fuch's hand wired Overdrive Supreme prototype (signed by Fuchs) and a Two Rock Amythest Special. The Fuchs is really lacking in bass response. and is thin and harsh compared to the Two Rock, which is big and full and clear and rich and seems to me to be an overall much better amp.

My friend says it is because my Fuchs uses Ruby tubes, which are lacking in low end and the Two Rock uses Electro Harmonix tubes which he says have too much bass.

Also, the Mid eq control seems to do the exact same thing as the bass control. I think the eq is wired wrong, he thinks it's the tubes, what do you think could be wrong, and is it possible to make the Fuchs sound as good as the Two-Rock?

Keith
I`m sure dogears will jump in sometime, he has tweaked those Fuchs considerably i believe.
dogears

Re: My friend's Two Rock sounds better than my Fuchs

Post by dogears »

Pointless comparison as both companies have evolved considerably. Your Fuchs must be very old. Why not call Andy? I am sure he could bring it up to "spec".

One thing I know for cetain and that is that with current specs, available through Andy or myself, your amp will kick ass.