Question for Normster...

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

v00d00blues79

Re: Question for Normster...

Post by v00d00blues79 »

So with a three prong you would have one prong for the relay, one prong for the footswitch LED, and one prong for the ground?

Thanks,

Andy
Normster

Post by Normster »

v00d00blues79 wrote:So with a three prong you would have one prong for the relay, one prong for the footswitch LED, and one prong for the ground?

Thanks,

Andy
That's it. The relay wire goes to the panel switch if you choose to use one. That way either the panel switch or the footswitch can ground the relay.
v00d00blues79

Post by v00d00blues79 »

Gil,

Not to try and beat a dead horse here, but in respect to the relay PS. Using both taps on the transformer I would go into a FWB, then either out to the relay or into a 12v Voltage Regulator then into the relay? This is the most difficult thing for me to figure out right now. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Andy
ayan

Post by ayan »

v00d00blues79 wrote:Gil,

Not to try and beat a dead horse here, but in respect to the relay PS. Using both taps on the transformer I would go into a FWB, then either out to the relay or into a 12v Voltage Regulator then into the relay? This is the most difficult thing for me to figure out right now. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Andy
You'd use a bridge and filter its output, into a voltage regulator and filter its ouput, and use that to feed your relays.

Gil
v00d00blues79

Post by v00d00blues79 »

what would be a good filter value? i have 100uF and 4700uF caps that i can use...

Thanks,

Andy