Triad Magnetics SP-118 Inductor

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Vertigo

Re: Triad Magnetics SP-118 Inductor

Post by Vertigo »

Just in case someone is looking for these, Master Electronics has them in stock and doesn't have a minimum order (like Online Components) or gouge too badly on shipping.
Sean Chaney
hermannbjorgvin

Post by hermannbjorgvin »

Merry Christmas here from Iceland, got a real sob story just before the holidays for anyone who will listen

I've been looking for SP-118 sources that don't require a minimum total of $100 or $200 for international orders and haven't had much luck.
So I'm wondering if anyone here maybe have a spare one that they are desperate to sell? Would go to a good home in my #002 build :D

Also really applaud Bombacaototal for the effort to get this back into production, excellent work.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

hermannbjorgvin wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:02 pmAlso really applaud Bombacaototal for the effort to get this back into production, excellent work.
I agree! Bombacaototal has been relentless in pursuit of these details. However, Martin Manning modeled the circuit and concluded that the little inductor does nothing :? I can certainly see including it for accuracy to the original circuit.
hermannbjorgvin

Colossal wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:24 pm
hermannbjorgvin wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:02 pmAlso really applaud Bombacaototal for the effort to get this back into production, excellent work.
I agree! Bombacaototal has been relentless in pursuit of these details. However, Martin Manning modeled the circuit and concluded that the little inductor does nothing :? I can certainly see including it for accuracy to the original circuit.
Yes I would mostly like to include it to stay true to the original design. Due to the price and since it seems to have 0 effect on tone I can really live without it if I can't source it at a reasonable price (being something under $100). If you like the detailed archeological work of mapping out every piece of #002 or other amps I can see it being important for the accuracy and completionist aspect.
hermannbjorgvin

Managed to find one, lets see if it makes a difference :D
butwhatif

Post by butwhatif »

Mesa Boogie used to have several values , that they use in their graphic---