Internal high end control?

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Normster

Re: Internal high end control?

Post by Normster »

Chris, that is so retro looking! Cool!!! (Really nice job on the cab.)
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Normster wrote:Chris, that is so retro looking! Cool!!! (Really nice job on the cab.)
Hi Norm,
Thank-you very much!!!!! Finaly found a home for the brown vox cloth I had!!!I have looked into the resistor value that replaces the choke I have a 100 ohm 10 watt resistor in place not a 10k, the wattage rateing is 10k. I'm gonna try and post some shot's of the gut's let me know what you guy's think......any and all feedback and suggestions would be great.....
Thank-you for the Help!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Normster

Post by Normster »

Chris, that is just too freakin' cool! You are the first dude I know of who actually went with Dumble's wooden circuit board!!!

The only suggestion I have is to twist your signal wires like in this picture. I don't know if it makes a huge difference in noise or tone, but it looks cool. ;)

Also, how do you like the tone of those chicklet caps versus orange drops?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Hi Guy's,
I tried some changes that Gary and dogears suggested, I removed a short piece of sheilded cable from od1's grid to wiper of cl supply pot.....and I Added a 51 pf cap across common master......BIG HELP TO HIGH END!!!! I like it now!!!! I will try to find a different value R for the choke at the same wattage and report any differences in tone, Thank-you!!! for all the info!!!
Chris G
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Normster wrote:Chris, that is just too freakin' cool! You are the first dude I know of who actually went with Dumble's wooden circuit board!!!

The only suggestion I have is to twist your signal wires like in this picture. I don't know if it makes a huge difference in noise or tone, but it looks cool. ;)

Also, how do you like the tone of those chicklet caps versus orange drops?
Hi Norm,
Thank-you for kind words!!! I had a piece of verneer down in the shop and thought what hell I'll give it a shot.................BIG MISTAKE....the woods not thick enough,so when it was time to steak the eyelets it started to crack...I even polyed it to try to add some stability.

Now those eyelets are just sitting in there !!!!!! DOH!!!

The reason the tone stack wires aren't twisted is because this amp has been tweaked so much!!!! to many changes to list.......but I will give it a try and see if I notice a change.......The amp is fairly quiet.

There is a difference in tone from the Orange drops to those cheap CDE'S I think the od's are brighter but I was trying to go for a darker tone for this amp.

My Ideal Dumble tone is Robben Ford on the Mystic mile? (title) album I was trying to get that tone..................................If only I could play like Robben I might be half way there(lol)
Thanks again Norm!!!
Chris