Looks like Quinn is going under

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampdork

Re: Looks like Quinn is going under

Post by ampdork »

Andy... Thank you so kindly for your concern. ;O) No love lost between us is there?

Folks relax. Yeah I have gotten poor at communications. Yeah I had months of health issues, yes I am way behind. But we are here. I am working hard everyday to complete my commitments. On the road to full health.
Despite the wild accusations and rumor mill we are NOT going anywhere no matter how much it would please some. All commitments will be fulfilled.
I seriously do not have the time for this childish antics of TGP anymore.
Not reported was the client who lost his PP fees did get them... Drug detox indeed...
As for wild accusation of drug or other abuses..Get real people.
But that is TGP for you.
Many people most certainly are better businessmen then I am.
Very few can build a better sounding amp.
Not going anywhere (so sorry to disappoint) will catch up on all orders, will be here till I die and the doctors say I got decades left...
We have taken steps to eliminate many of the issues we had. We still have some, we are still working them out. When my health is 100% and orders caught up I'll be as communicative as I have been in previous years.

In a nutshell.. Don't believe everything you read on the intrawebs...

Andy... I hope someday you get over your many years old grudge. Your not here to "warn" anyone in good faith. Your here to kick a guy when he is down and titter with glee... so sad.

If anyone here has skin in my game and needs reassurances... Then know I am at (was at!) my bench doing what I do best. I'll be there till the end. There is no doubt about that.
I could win the lotto and I would still be do it.. JUST to piss off my haterz who can't.

Much love... PS anyone got a schematic for a properly wired PAB circuit?
How about a 146? :twisted:
"...& I'm all out of bubblegum"
ampdork

Post by ampdork »

Damn... Where on earth do people get these things. Does someone out there hate enough to just make up false lies and gossip? Must be. I should have known better to read too much...

For the record... Greg Clark did some clips for me... That is it. No association to me or Quinn what so ever... If he ripped you off? ... sucks to be you! Don't bring that crap to my doorstep.

As for 4-5 employees building amps? I had ONE person ever build amps and he built so few and for such a brief time and was never an employee.

Not reading anymore... People are so ill informed it makes me wonder who is telling such utter garbage and outright lies...

Get some facts straight if your going to be a new reporter, eh folks?

non sense. Same as it ever was.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Hi Shad, Nice to see you here again. Beaten but alive! Hope you will be 100% soon!
Erwin
tag101

Post by tag101 »

ampdork wrote:Damn... Where on earth do people get these things. Does someone out there hate enough to just make up false lies and gossip? Must be. I should have known better to read too much...

For the record... Greg Clark did some clips for me... That is it. No association to me or Quinn what so ever... If he ripped you off? ... sucks to be you! Don't bring that crap to my doorstep.

As for 4-5 employees building amps? I had ONE person ever build amps and he built so few and for such a brief time and was never an employee.

Not reading anymore... People are so ill informed it makes me wonder who is telling such utter garbage and outright lies...

Get some facts straight if your going to be a new reporter, eh folks?

non sense. Same as it ever was.
I have only one thing to say...

VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD!!!! :wink:
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Rdjones, not sure what or whom your post alludes to, but if for any reason it involves me, PM me.

Shad, awesome that you got out in front of this and addressed the concerns.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Greg, please lock this thread.
Thank you.
rdjones

Post by rdjones »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote:Rdjones, not sure what or whom your post alludes to, but if for any reason it involves me, PM me.
It does.

Answering an email within 24 hours seems like the easy part.
Making good on a $40 order when you've "been busy" with deals worth thousands of dollars, not so easy.
It's been over 6 months ...

Andy - 1, RedDog - 0

PM SENT
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

And responded-to. Awaiting your address to send the MM badge. Apologize that it somehow slipped through the cracks. On my desk.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
tag101

Post by tag101 »

Teleguy61 wrote:Greg, please lock this thread.
Thank you.
Lets look at the positives of this thread. I have argued with Andy for YEARS about this and that online. Its been heated at times, but I still totally like the guy, and he has gone out of his way to fix amps for me he did not have to do, and built me a killer sounding Music Man modded SLX Fuchs after he had stopped officially doing them. He was always a great guy, and did a great job in a timely manner, even though i know he was very busy at the time. Much appreciated Andy! :) The other good news. Shad is digging his way out, is doing the right things now, and is going be around building amps for a long time. Shad, like myself and Andy, can be blunt and say what He (we) really feel online. That does not mean any of us are not good people in life! And remember everyone, we get heated about this stuff because we are most likely some of the biggest music lovers on the planet. We all have that in common, and discussing it in person rarely leads to arguments. Its only on the internet and through the written word where things seem to get misinterpreted and taken in a way that was not meant to be. Stay positive! VERY GOOD! :)
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
rogb

Post by rogb »

And its bullshit threads like this that lower the Amp Garage in to the gutter!
Wish I had an ignore button for the whole bunch of you TBH.

Bring on the builders, ditch the trolls and wannabees.

See I can be blunt too. :D
tag101

Post by tag101 »

rogb wrote:And its bullshit threads like this that lower the Amp Garage in to the gutter!
Wish I had an ignore button for the whole bunch of you TBH.

Bring on the builders, ditch the trolls and wannabees.

See I can be blunt too. :D

Cool by me! :D I would rather have that than the politically correct BS any day of the week! :lol:
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
ampdork

Post by ampdork »

"Wish I had an ignore button for the whole bunch of you TBH."

Use your will power and ignore it. You don't need a button dude!

And I don't know what you have contributed to this forum but as for Andy or myself we have added to the knowledge base several times over and so I "think" that gives us a little bit of wiggle room. Without Tag there would be no #183 schematic. Like his ability to build an amp or not he HAS helped you and others like you to be able to build awesome amp circuits.

So... use your brain button to ignore things instead of feeling compelled to add to it and bump it... Just sayin'.

And Andy... "awesome that you got out in front of this" waka waka waka...

;O)

Back the benches where the real game is. Enjoy things from the bleacher seats.

Muah!
tag101

Post by tag101 »

ampdork wrote:"
So... use your brain button to ignore things instead of feeling compelled to add to it and bump it... Just sayin'.
LOL! Brain button.... That has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. :) Come all without, come all within.... :wink:
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
rogb

Post by rogb »

ampdork wrote:"Wish I had an ignore button for the whole bunch of you TBH."

Use your will power and ignore it. You don't need a button dude!

And I don't know what you have contributed to this forum but as for Andy or myself we have added to the knowledge base several times over and so I "think" that gives us a little bit of wiggle room. Without Tag there would be no #183 schematic. Like his ability to build an amp or not he HAS helped you and others like you to be able to build awesome amp circuits.

And Andy... "awesome that you got out in front of this" waka waka waka...

;O)

Back the benches where the real game is. Enjoy things from the bleacher seats.

Muah!
deleted
'67_Plexi

Post by '67_Plexi »

LeftyStrat wrote:Making a living hand building amps is probably a fantasy many of us have, but the numbers don't add up for me. I'd need $60 an hour and 40 hours a week to just rent a house in Ballard. And that would be without health insurance.

I could move somewhere cheaper, but then I would be farther away from working musicians.

As painful as it sounds for me to say this, wealth comes from convincing others to strive for your enrichment. Right now Chinese are cheaper, and they will eventually learn quality.

Ken didn't die wealthy, and neither will Alexander.

And even if you come up with the most incredible circuit ever, all of us on TAG will clone it.
The thing about fantasies is the reality rarely lives up to them. When a hobby becomes a business, it stops being a hobby. Sure you can still enjoy it, but it's suddenly loaded with a ton of responsibilities and non amp related things, like any business. Basically there are a bunch of things that you don't dream about that can take the fun out of it. Sure, you can make a living building amps, 10 years and still going strong for me. I have decent house on a lake, a brand new car and a lovely old classic Jaguar. None of which I had previously. My wife is in full time graduate school which we are paying for and my daughter starts college next year.
We have medical and dental insurance and the business and myself pay taxes.
However, if I had stayed in a Corporate jobI could have been earning twice as much by now and probably not have to work 80 hours a week.
Design and technical ability aside there are several things that can trip you up. Let's say you build an amp for fun and one of the jacks packs in after a month, you go in and replace it and think nothing of it. A couple of bucks and no big deal. Now let's say you have bought a batch jacks and suddenly you have 30 customers start popping up with the same problem, you have to ship them back, repair and return them or arrange techs to change them if they are far away or abroad. This now becomes a lot of time and expense. That's a real world example based on a batch of Cliff jacks I had last year.
I noticed someone mentioned Shad had cab supply problems recently. Many of us have suffered massive long and unexpected lead times in the past few months right after mojo bought out lopo and moved everything to NC. For the first time ever I ended up with zero cabs in stock and 15 chassis on the floor at one point. Henry at Redplate was in the same place exactly. We openly shared potential alternative suppliers and how to approach Mojo to rectify the issue.
There are so many things that can trip you up and it's frustrating when you see people making assumptions. It really doesn't take much for a lead time to go from 4 weeks to 4 months and often it's out of your control.
Not taking massive deposits and communication are the keys.
I don't know personally Shad at all, the little interaction I have had with him has not been great, but I still know how it feels when you are trying to catch up and everyone's chasing you constantly. I also know how utterly frustrating some of the dickheads on this forum can be.
The thing is even if you have Dealers and don't take deposits, people call and email and even post on your personal Facebook asking for status updates constantly, it wears you out at times.
I can only imagine how bad it would be if you have their money.
On the flip side, the number of builders and now even dealers that do implode doesn't help customer confidence levels and there is most definitely a higher level if anxiety and paranoia across the board that we have to deal with.
I hope Shad the best in the catch up and truly do know how it feels when you get kicked when you are down. I have one message to the previous haters from this site. let's see you build a business building guitar amplifiers for a living, it's nothing at all like your hobby.

Alan.
Last edited by '67_Plexi on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.