lovetone

Re: Looks like Quinn is going under

Post by lovetone »

Here, here

Well Put
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Funny how opinions differ. I thought it was not well put...especially the dickheads part. I guess you didn't think he meant you... :P I can't be good for business to leave a general dickheads floating out there.
Kassie

Post by Kassie »

'67_Plexi wrote: Now let's say you have bought a batch jacks and suddenly you have 30 customers start popping up with the same problem, you have to ship them back, repair and return them or arrange techs to change them if they are far away or abroad. This now becomes a lot of time and expense. That's a real world example based on a batch of Cliff jacks I had last year.

Alan.
Allow me to be a frustrating dickhead... I believe I have a possible solution. [img:374:550]http://www.mojotone.com/Switchcraft-L12 ... -image.jpg[/img]

I guess HAD was spot on?!
Last edited by Kassie on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
glasman

Post by glasman »

'67_Plexi wrote:Double post sorry.
Well said Alan. Sent our friends in NC a little note today on WTH are last weeks expected deliveris.

gary
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
Kassie

Post by Kassie »

double-post
amplifiednation

Post by amplifiednation »

I'm with Alan on this one. Running into problems that are out of your control really can quickly turn into big issues even if you do take care of them the right way.

But I'm not sure why any of you animals are having troubles finding cabinets :lol:
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Sent our friends in NC a little note today on WTH are last weeks expected deliveris.
I only need one cab and I've been waiting way too long so I told them today to cancel my order I will find another vendor. Pisses me off that they bought out Lopo-Line and then take 2 months to build one Marshall cab.

Mark
amplifiednation

Post by amplifiednation »

I'm getting as much stuff as I can from CE Dist" I'll get an order of parts delivered from AZ to MA before mojo even cashes me out
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
bluesfendermanblues

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

Isn't it time to close this thread.

If Shad is up and running, this thread is detracting his reputation.
Diva or not? - Respect for Mr. D's work....)
'67_Plexi

Post by '67_Plexi »

Kassie wrote:
'67_Plexi wrote: Now let's say you have bought a batch jacks and suddenly you have 30 customers start popping up with the same problem, you have to ship them back, repair and return them or arrange techs to change them if they are far away or abroad. This now becomes a lot of time and expense. That's a real world example based on a batch of Cliff jacks I had last year.

Alan.
Allow me to be a frustrating dickhead... I believe I have a possible solution. [img:374:550]http://www.mojotone.com/Switchcraft-L12 ... -image.jpg[/img]

I guess HAD was spot on?!
Nah.....you will have to do better than that.
Great...but non-compliant. Its open at the back allowing someone (a child) to poke something through the hole. Unless there's absolutely no way with a metal object could accidentally touch a dangerous voltage inside the amp, it's best not to use them. However the metal switching contacts on those Switchcraft jacks are even worse for failing switch contacts than the Cliff jacks. I use an enclosed Neutrik jack now. No problems with those.

Bad example...HAD does not build amplifiers that are compliant to the multitude of world regulations we are required to if shipping overseas. I also know there are many small builders that don't, that doesn't make it right. We pay over $10,000 per model for CE certification and the jack issue was a report on our very first certification. I believe its a UL compliancy item too. There's tons of other physical things like not being able to touch tubes or other hot surfaces. So something like a Trainwreck clone would fail on jacks, no back panel, lead bearing components and solder, creepage and clearance amongst other things. It's a minefield because not all world markets have the same requirements. Personally I detest lead free solder, but I have to use it in everything except US amps.
Forget those RN65 resistors too, they contain lead. Even some knobs do. It's a nightmare to navigate.
'67_Plexi

Post by '67_Plexi »

glasman wrote:
'67_Plexi wrote:Double post sorry.
Well said Alan. Sent our friends in NC a little note today on WTH are last weeks expected deliveris.

gary
Hey Buddy, its a nightmare. The misrepresented delivery dates don't help either, because you pass the information on to customers and you end up having to explain over and over again why their orders are late.
However I have good news, my early Feb orders shipped yesterday. lots of head cabs a few combos and ext cabs. I still have 2 more orders from late Feb, but because everything has concertinaed together I didn't want those shipping at the same time, so they agreed to ship in 30 days. Probably helps the rest of you guys get your critical cabs shipped a few days earlier. Had you run out ?

I didn't know you were affected by it Gary or else I would have brought you in weeks ago. We need to share alternatives with CNC and volume ability. I've come to a dead loss. This probably isn't the right forum to be discussing all this, I'll contact you directly.
'67_Plexi

Post by '67_Plexi »

amplifiednation wrote:I'm with Alan on this one. Running into problems that are out of your control really can quickly turn into big issues even if you do take care of them the right way.

But I'm not sure why any of you animals are having troubles finding cabinets :lol:
Volume bro, One of my Dealers buys 30 or 40 ext cabs at a time expected in a 4 week time frame and I use 3 or 4 head cabs a week.
Trust me if I need a couple to keep me going in a situation like this , I will make the call. I do have some wacky coloured shells that people ordered and never came through with I'd like you to retolex so I have some back burner spares for the future.
'67_Plexi

Post by '67_Plexi »

amplifiednation wrote:I'm getting as much stuff as I can from CE Dist" I'll get an order of parts delivered from AZ to MA before mojo even cashes me out
You need to be an OEM ($3k a month I think) and then you get a specific contact name. I email all my orders. They have started using FedEx instead of UPS recentlyand I'm finding no-cab orders will arrive in 2 to 3 days max to NH. MA will be the same.

CE is good too with the 3 day special they give us on the East Coast.
'67_Plexi

Post by '67_Plexi »

vibratoking wrote:Funny how opinions differ. I thought it was not well put...especially the dickheads part. I guess you didn't think he meant you... :P I can't be good for business to leave a general dickheads floating out there.

Look no further than earlier in this thread to witness a fine demonstration of dickheadery, you picked on one word in a post I thought was pretty informative and neutral and provided explanation as to why ALL builders get behind at times, sometimes our fault, sometimes not. It's not just a Shad thing, it's something we all experience and I must admit I am a little confused with the rationale of having this thread started by one builder and about another builder. Not what I would have expected, I must say.
That aside some of the discussions are perfectly valid.
No-one is perfect.