Yet another Dumble type amp being marketed

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

FUCHSAUDIO

Re: Yet another Dumble type amp being marketed

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Lance, I'm way too busy to even begin to take the time address the many lies and half truths in your post. Best of luck with (whatever) you've chosen to call your new clone amp or to try explain what your amp is. The true irony here is how viciously you and your late buddy from Austin (you-know Steve Bruton, the one who was going to "kick my ass for taking Dumble's legacy") were all over me online, and now, well, here you are doing the same thing you chastised me for. Smart-Belle ? Dumble ? Hysterical and speaks volumes about you and your two faced nature. Suddenly, it's okay for you to do everything you were all over me for....unreal.

Maybe i should explain the business dealings you had with Carol-Ann, or Bludo, or Dr-Z ? Funny, none of them want anything to do with you anymore...strange indeed.

How about all the solid state "Trainwreck clones" that melted down into 4-ohm loads ? Sweep the Retro-tube thing under the rug, it's done.

The salient points are: You did, in fact give us a quote we were "free to use for promoting our amps". Your attorney Charlie D. actually called me to apologize for "even getting involved with a guy like you". You then took back the quote and threatened legal action. We used your quote in a single brochure and maybe on the website for a brief time, period. We didn't claim you toured with it or endorsed it. Most people said "Lance who ?". Except for the ones who said "run away".

Joe Bonamassa actually played and toured with an ODS for the better part of a year. You claimed (erroneously) that "the amp broke down so he stopped using it". He actually switched his rig up at the end of the tour and used it at home for a practice rig. The reverb crapped out once. His tech verified it and a new reverb chip fixed him right up.

To your credit, you did send a lovely New Years Eve day e-mail apologizing for your actions, and hoping we could still be friends and move on. I guess that's off now huh ?

Best of luck with your amps bud. I hope you do well, just don't screw over George M. He's a nice guy.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
keltner

Post by keltner »

Actually Andy.. you never took Dumble's legacy but you certainly used his name to direct people to your site for how long? Stephen and Dumble were friends.
Stephen has passed and was a great talent.

The quote I sent you said that you amp sounded like an early Mesa. Your lawyer was involved because of a letter you got from mine. You have never been an honest person.
The quote you posted said that I used your amps. You are a liar and you always have been. Typical, and self serving.

I made my point Andy and I'm done.

Have fun..
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

And on that note I'll ask you both politely to cease. It's getting very heavily into the name calling territory. IMO if you can't back up claims you're making with real, provable facts, they're just your recollections of the event. You've each had a chance to make your claim to the facts, and then each had a chance to rebut that, leave that well enough alone.

Please keep the remainder of this kind of sniping outside of the forums, and to your personal discussions. I don't see how he said he said is going to get anyone anywhere, and the net to this site is a detriment.

Others can feel free as has been the case on this thread to give your honest opinions of the amp, but keep the personal digs to 0.

If it continues, I'll lock the thread, and consider direct action on any users being overly aggressive and/or spiteful/negative/mean etc.

Thanks,

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
hitchcaster

Post by hitchcaster »

saying its a one input tweed twin and not a bludo 70's clone might be a tough sell on ampgarage.... gear page might buy it 8) ... but theres nothing wrong with it being a 70's dumble clone if thats what it is.. sounds cool to me, hope it works out... it sure sounds like a 70's dumble tho :D tweed twin not so much.
keltner

Post by keltner »

Get in a room with it and crank the clean channel. Much more tweed, much less black face.
Thanks, we are doing great so far!
keltner

Post by keltner »

We are sold out of runs one and two of both the P51 and the P38.
We are taking orders for round 3 if anybody wants to buy one :)
keltner

Post by keltner »

Here is a quote from our happy customer Frankie Sullivan or Survivor who wrote Eye of the Tiger.

Quote from Frankie Sullivan from survivor
Writer of Eye of the Tiger

From frankie

Lance, I Played a show with your amp last night! I've won some tough battles over the past two years and they were ”All Erased” when I hit the first chord of the night. It's an open g and you know when you can nail that one and run a slide up the neck the amp is amazing. The sound is powerful and strong yet easy on the ears. The tone is what your fingers want it to be. The amp is terrific Lance.
As a long time Dumble player, and I do have one of the best ODS’S he made (#150 out of #300) the Smart Belle Amp does it all with a few added perks; the adjustable FET gain and I use way more than I do when it's not adjustable. It gives me a little more compression and pop on a Telecaster. I love Tele’s but they don't sound right unless I have the amp. So I chose it as a first run at it through a Smart Belle I played the Telecaster passing guitar change after guitar change until the last four songs. This amp moved me and I didn't want any other energy getting into the Mojo between me and the sound. The Smart Belle amp is now my #1. I thank you so kindly for your work, input, and advice Lance. Oh, I use a lot of different clean sounds during the show near the end and the fender 12 was killer, the rick’s shined and a 59’ Burst was where it likes to be, plugged into an amp that enhances all of its qualities, i.e. the PAF’S... the old LP sang. More to follow
Thanks brother.
sethjames

Post by sethjames »

This may not be the right place since I have no mud to sling, however, I can tell you about the P38 amplifier. First off, it is an absolute joy to play. If someone was to tell me it was a variation of a pignose I could care less. Did it cost a pretty penny, yes, was I happy with my decision to spend that money on the P38, yes! The amp is strong, easy to dial in and very versatile. I’m a plug straight in type guy so the footswitch is everything I would ever need. If you are an FX loop/rack gear/pedalboard users/Swiss Army knife type player, I could see how this would suit your needs as well. My experience with Lance and Lee has been 100% positive. I have bothered them both on several occasions with special request and for minor modifications. Lance’s response has always been “yes we can”. This amp as a keeper
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Are you implying, as a first post to a forum, that the forum is about mud slinging? Seems legit.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Mark

Post by Mark »

I hear you Phil, Seth is plugging the Smart Belle amp on Facebook, I'm wondering if Seth has forgotten to tell us that he is endorsed by them?

That just seems too much of a coincidence to me.

I listened to Seth's clip, it seemed typical of Dumble clones. I gathered Seth was trying to show us how it sounds relatively clean and feeds back quite easily.

I don't mind Lance Keltner defending his product, but I do take exception to Lance plugging his product on a technical forum. I'm wondering when the technical stuff is coming? :roll:
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

This is an amp builder forum. If someone wants to post about a great amp, I have no problem with that as long as he is willing to share the schematic and some gut shots.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

martin manning wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:48 am This is an amp builder forum. If someone wants to post about a great amp, I have no problem with that as long as he is willing to share the schematic and some gut shots.
+1
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

10thTx wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am
martin manning wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:48 am This is an amp builder forum. If someone wants to post about a great amp, I have no problem with that as long as he is willing to share the schematic and some gut shots.
+1
+2
fred.violleau

Post by fred.violleau »

Bombacaototal wrote:
10thTx wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 am
+1
+2
+3

Fred.

erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

What I like to see: a basic topology of the amp in question, if you got secrets: fine. But basic things like: high plates vs low plate, how many gain stages, design choices are interesting for us.
I dont mind the occasional "Im so excited" posts but this is not the Gear page and some tech info is highly appreciated. That's the most politie way to put it.