Dumble video/sound clip reference, real Dumbles only please

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: Dumble video/sound clip reference, real Dumbles only please

Post by martin manning »

So a "low tech" approach ;^) Somebody had to start, though. Did each participant play along with that one track, or did you get to do it a second time with more people or perhaps everybody else included?

Junking up this thread, I know, but... Maybe this could be cut to a digital collaboration thread.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

martin manning wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:36 pm So a "low tech" approach ;^) Somebody had to start, though. Did each participant play along with that one track, or did you get to do it a second time with more people or perhaps everybody else included?

Junking up this thread, I know, but... Maybe this could be cut to a digital collaboration thread.
yes someone has to make a guide track. It can be as simple or as complex as you like then you can replace parts as you go , or like most things these days they're recorded to a click so just a simple guitar/guide vocal is fine along with the click. It's no different from sessions I've done in the past where there's not much to play along to. It's nice to laydown tracks with a full band but it was only the big sessions with big budgets that were done that way even back in the day and a lot of 'Pop stuff was done to a click and overdubbed a player at a time when needed back in the day as people were using Linn drum machines and samplers.

M
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

https://youtu.be/CfL8BjiQbgs

Interesting review, first HAD amp I’ve seen with a mid cut and the toggles on top
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

Bombacaototal wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:11 pm https://youtu.be/CfL8BjiQbgs

Interesting review, first HAD amp I’ve seen with a mid cut and the toggles on top
and sounds like sh*t .... :mrgreen:

If my Overdrive sounded like that I'd throw it in the bin.

M
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Lots of mods done to that amp. Wondering why it wasn't restored to original condition, but in the comments someone says it was originally a Kitty Hawk. They didn't have the switches over the knobs AFAIK. Probably the panel layout has been completely redesigned. Maybe it's worth more dressed up as it is?
Nest

Post by Nest »

Here's a video of my son Jesse just jamming around playing through the same amp as inThe Outlander video only with an EV 12L this time.
https://youtu.be/mQ7oZqWjDjo
dbharris

Post by dbharris »

Fantastic playing and tone!

-Dan
Nest

Post by Nest »

Here's another one from Jesse Nestor. All guitars except the slide Les Paul's are through the same Dumble amp:

https://youtu.be/Dg00aHLV9pk
Pacosipulami

Post by Pacosipulami »

Karl Ratzer, live in 1999 - with his Dumble ODS Silverface Combo - enjoy!
don't grow up - it's a trap!
Max

Post by Max »

Pacosipulami wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:48 pmKarl Ratzer, live in 1999 - with his Dumble ODS Silverface Combo - enjoy!
Thanks! Here's the same amp (3rd generation ODS 50WX):

Karl Ratzer "Moon Dancer" (complete album on YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXWja1Q ... kRG9je72fg

Cheers,

Max
Nest

Post by Nest »

Great stuff. Great sounds and a nice track.These amps can sound wonderful in a whole variety of ways which is more fun to me than trying copy someone else's way of using them.
jazzbass

Post by jazzbass »

boldaslove6789 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:54 am Not the greatest singing around this time period but here's John Mayers 100w ODS HRM EL34. You can see it in the background of related interviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYMUo16OxdE
Hi boldaslove6789,

I am very curious to listen to the clip of the JM with the EL34 but it is an old clip and youtube tells me that it doesn't exist anymore.
You know if I can find it somehow.

Thanks
Franco
franco mezzalira
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Hi Franco,

You will not get a reply from boldaslove as he is no longer on the forum.
Stephen1966

Post by Stephen1966 »

Nest wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:49 am Hey, it's been ages since I've been here.
Here is a video that my son did playing my amp for the solo along with another member here playing acoustic guitar on it.

https://youtu.be/mNjs93AYYW4
Just came across this... very nice. And a much better arrangement than the one Starz is opening the show with these days. Did we have Dumbles 200 years ago though? :lol: Feels like it.

Really nice. Love it.

Stephen
Stephen
www.primatone.eu
Da Sting

ODS #44

Post by Da Sting »

Hi there, this is one of 4 live recordings from my archives that I stumbled over the last days - should be from around 2008, the amp is #44 played by the original owner who bought it new around '79. This was a reunion bar concert of his band Zero Zoom, a fusion band from the late 70s/early 80s.
In this mix, the amp is on the left side (playing the melody line). Amp model is ODS silver face combo, export model (Applied Acoustics), Altec speaker with aluminium dust cover. Guitar was a Les Paul Standard as far as I can remember.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Da Sting on Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.