Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pamaz67

1 tube reverb - help

Post by pamaz67 »

Hello all.
This is my first post here.
I've finished an hybrid a with a little of the tweakings that are suggested by the forum gurus and I'm here to ask for your help on the glasman 1 tube reverb.
Yes i know it's supposed to be an "unobtrusive " effect, but being not really practical with guitar amps on the electronic side ( although I'm playing since 25 years and i've got 12 of them) I would like to know if there is any chance to get a stronger reverb from the 1 tube schematic.
If yes, for sure please tell me how I am supposed to modify it.
Many thanks to all of you for the contributions on the forum that really helped me to get a nice sounding amp (still to be tweaked a little bit BTW)

Ciao from Italy

Paolo
Bob-I

Re: 1 tube reverb - help

Post by Bob-I »

There are a few things that can affect the depth of the reverb.

One is the balance resistor, the 100K R1 across the top on this schematic. Lower adds reverb, but too low adds too much NFB to the ckt and kills gain and tone. Another is the return resistor, the 470K R9. Try lowering that some.

http://www.glaswerks.com/schematics/reverbcir.jpg

Another is the tank itself. I'm not an expert on this so hopefully someone will jump in.

Make sure you have a good strong 12AX7 in also.

I've found that I needd to run my reverb control up to about 6-8 on the scale of 0-10 to get a warm reverb. It's not a Fender Surf type for sure.

Good luck.
glasman

Re: 1 tube reverb - help

Post by glasman »

pamaz67 wrote:Hello all.
This is my first post here.
I've finished an hybrid a with a little of the tweakings that are suggested by the forum gurus and I'm here to ask for your help on the glasman 1 tube reverb.
Yes i know it's supposed to be an "unobtrusive " effect, but being not really practical with guitar amps on the electronic side ( although I'm playing since 25 years and i've got 12 of them) I would like to know if there is any chance to get a stronger reverb from the 1 tube schematic.
If yes, for sure please tell me how I am supposed to modify it.
Many thanks to all of you for the contributions on the forum that really helped me to get a nice sounding amp (still to be tweaked a little bit BTW)

Ciao from Italy

Paolo
I would have to ask what reverb tank?

That circuit lusts for a 9AB2 or 3 tank. Also you can increase the gain of the return amp by messing with the values ofr Rp and Rk of the recovery amp.

Gary
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
pamaz67

thanks

Post by pamaz67 »

Thanks for the advise guys.
I'll try to play a little bit with the resistors.
Tha tank is coming from a 90's twin reverb (something like 4ab....) and the reverb xformer is from the same amp.
Ciao e Grazie
Paolo