Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Structo

Re: New ReleaSSSes

Post by Structo »

Hi Bigwebb83.

I like that New Deal clip a lot.

Any chance that you could post the backing track to that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
bigwebb83

Post by bigwebb83 »

Structo wrote:Hi Bigwebb83.

I like that New Deal clip a lot.

Any chance that you could post the backing track to that?
hey thanks man. Let me see what I can find. That was done on my ceriatone OTS. I know the track is off guitarbackingtracks.com but I just have to go back and try to track down what the title was.
bigwebb83

Post by bigwebb83 »

I copied it down from youtube. Just google "youtube to mp3 converter" and you'll find a good free site that processes it on their server and then just spits out an mp3 for your consumption. Here is the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3A_DHtLQU
bigwebb83

One more

Post by bigwebb83 »

Here's another clip. Grosh strat > Monsterpiece Stud > Analogman Bicomp Orange juicer side > Ceriatone SSS. Timeline in the loop. The delay setting is trem on the timeline for the loop.

http://soundcloud.com/bigwebb83/ceriato ... -analogman
Structo

Post by Structo »

bigwebb83 wrote:I copied it down from youtube. Just google "youtube to mp3 converter" and you'll find a good free site that processes it on their server and then just spits out an mp3 for your consumption. Here is the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3A_DHtLQU
Hey thanks!

I converted it to mp3.

I knew that sounded familiar like a Bonamassa tune.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
bigwebb83

Post by bigwebb83 »

Structo wrote:
bigwebb83 wrote:I copied it down from youtube. Just google "youtube to mp3 converter" and you'll find a good free site that processes it on their server and then just spits out an mp3 for your consumption. Here is the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3A_DHtLQU
Hey thanks!

I converted it to mp3.

I knew that sounded familiar like a Bonamassa tune.

Cool. I always try and share backing tracks when guys ask. Alot of times on TGP I get the cold shoulder when I ask for the backing track that someone used.
bigwebb83

Post by bigwebb83 »

stratcat62 wrote:Looks like a 250K mid pot and 500K bass pot, which differs from both SSS schematics recently posted here. FWIW, those who posted said that errors were possible. They could also be changes made by Nick.

I will say that I switched from 500k, 250k, 500k to 250, 100, 250. I did this at the suggestion of nik while attempting to revoice the amp to play mainly with strats.
wjdunham

Post by wjdunham »

Here's a clip of Terry Haitt, local blues hot-shot playing the first #002 I built, 100W version. Recorded with a hand held zoom camera through an open back 2x12, although I'm not sure what speakers they had loaded in the cab. He's got the first gain stage up pretty high and you can hear how dirty this amp can get. Backed down to around 3 it can be cleaned up but I tweaked a few of the feedback loops on this amp to increase the gain. The original circuit was a lot cleaner, just didn't suit my taste :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2sYOFi6 ... e=youtu.be

Bill
dcribbs1412

Post by dcribbs1412 »

wjdunham wrote:Here's a clip of Terry Haitt, local blues hot-shot playing the first #002 I built, 100W version. Recorded with a hand held zoom camera through an open back 2x12, although I'm not sure what speakers they had loaded in the cab. He's got the first gain stage up pretty high and you can hear how dirty this amp can get. Backed down to around 3 it can be cleaned up but I tweaked a few of the feedback loops on this amp to increase the gain. The original circuit was a lot cleaner, just didn't suit my taste :-)

Bill
Really nice Bill...you have great taste, Mr.Haitt seemed inspired by your amp. Is he hooked yet. Again very nice clip love the tones available

Thanks
Darin
aflynt

Post by aflynt »

wjdunham wrote:Here's a clip of Terry Haitt, local blues hot-shot playing the first #002 I built, 100W version. Recorded with a hand held zoom camera through an open back 2x12, although I'm not sure what speakers they had loaded in the cab. He's got the first gain stage up pretty high and you can hear how dirty this amp can get. Backed down to around 3 it can be cleaned up but I tweaked a few of the feedback loops on this amp to increase the gain. The original circuit was a lot cleaner, just didn't suit my taste :-)

Bill
Cool sound. I sounds like a much more refined version of the overdrive channel in my old '80s Fender 1x12" Concert at the beginning. Kind of ripped up but in a cool way.

-Aaron
bigwebb83

Post by bigwebb83 »

Bill

That sounds wonderful. Do you mind sharing some of the settings for this clip? Especially, hi and lo filters and lnfb settings, eq settings etc.
wjdunham

Post by wjdunham »

bigwebb83 wrote:

Bill

That sounds wonderful. Do you mind sharing some of the settings for this clip? Especially, hi and lo filters and lnfb settings, eq settings etc.
Unfortunately I wasn't there when Terry was playing the amp, so I can't say for sure how he had it set. From watching the video and from the tone I think he had the preamp gain up pretty good, probably around 2 oclock. Also looks like he has the high filter on one of the first two settings, which would be either the 250pf or 390pf cap, which are the two I happen to prefer. Master looks to be on around 3 or 4, which is where that amp really starts to open up.
I have it written down somewhere what I changed, but I'm traveling now and don't have my notes. I'll try and post when I get back.
Bill
bigwebb83

Post by bigwebb83 »

wjdunham wrote:
bigwebb83 wrote:

Bill

Unfortunately I wasn't there when Terry was playing the amp, so I can't say for sure how he had it set. From watching the video and from the tone I think he had the preamp gain up pretty good, probably around 2 oclock. Also looks like he has the high filter on one of the first two settings, which would be either the 250pf or 390pf cap, which are the two I happen to prefer. Master looks to be on around 3 or 4, which is where that amp really starts to open up.
I have it written down somewhere what I changed, but I'm traveling now and don't have my notes. I'll try and post when I get back.
Bill

Thanks man and congrats on a beautiful sounding amp! I tend to live in those first couple settings on the high filter as well. Was he playing a strat? Sounded like it.
wjdunham

Post by wjdunham »

bigwebb83 wrote: Thanks man and congrats on a beautiful sounding amp! I tend to live in those first couple settings on the high filter as well. Was he playing a strat? Sounded like it.
Sounds like a strat, although Terry tends to play his humbucker guitars most of the time. I would not have predicted he would have liked it so much, I really had to darken up his Double Trouble (ODS), especially the overdrive.
Bill
bigwebb83

Post by bigwebb83 »

wjdunham wrote:
bigwebb83 wrote: Thanks man and congrats on a beautiful sounding amp! I tend to live in those first couple settings on the high filter as well. Was he playing a strat? Sounded like it.
Sounds like a strat, although Terry tends to play his humbucker guitars most of the time. I would not have predicted he would have liked it so much, I really had to darken up his Double Trouble (ODS), especially the overdrive.
Bill

yeah I'm the same way. I am replacing the .047 cap in my grosh ash/maple strat with a .1 because it's SOOOO bright naturally. When combined with this amp, it can be a chore to wrangle in the highs. I find myself playing with the treble knob at 9 o'clock. I don't want to give up my bright switch as some have suggested. I just don't love the sound with no bright cap in the equation.