Ford through a TwoRock last month

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

tag101

Ford through a TwoRock last month

Post by tag101 »

Sorry if this was posted here already. Ford through a Tworock TS1 sounding fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZukEwVa ... r_embedded
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
roknroll

Re: Ford through a TwoRock last month

Post by roknroll »

Seems like his sound is evolving. Debateably in a forward direction. Seems cleaner now. Listen to the grain in the link I posted. Seems richer.
Just my opinon. :)
http://youtu.be/1JCbDNWtEr8
aflynt

Post by aflynt »

This came up in a thread at TGP last week. I guess he still prefers using the Dumble, but rarely uses the overdrive channel anymore instead favoring a Lovepedal COT 50 for dirt. Apparently he likes the tightness of the low end when using the pedal. He was using a Zendrive in the posted clip with the TS1. He's also no longer using a Variac with the Dumble.

-Aaron
tag101

Post by tag101 »

aflynt wrote:This came up in a thread at TGP last week. I guess he still prefers using the Dumble, but rarely uses the overdrive channel anymore instead favoring a Lovepedal COT 50 for dirt. Apparently he likes the tightness of the low end when using the pedal. He was using a Zendrive in the posted clip with the TS1. He's also no longer using a Variac with the Dumble.

-Aaron
He must be testing different tones. I heard a report he was using the OD channel on the T rock at a different show for most tunes. Cant tell for sure due to the video compression, but it sounds smoother (and tighter like you said) than the Dumble. Thats something I always loved about Trocks. Most models (not all) are really smooth, going all the way back to the E.Pros.
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
Structo

Post by Structo »

Yeah I saw that at TGP.

At first I thought it was his Dumble due to the tan tolex.
But the guy that filmed that was in the thread and he said it was Two Rock.

Tag did you see his new pedal board?

There is a thread here about it.

Is that Landau on the second guitar?

I think it is Robben's brother Patrick.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
danotron

Post by danotron »

I saw them in Kitchener Ontario in August. Volker Strifler was on guitar too...I believe thats him in this video. Robben played threw a Blackface Super Reverb with a couple loose pedals on the floor. Still sounder like his tone. Volker Strifler played threw a Silverface Twin. Both were playing Blond Telecasters....two differant tones though. Volker is a killer player too. Met Robben after and got my Squire Esprite signed. :D
The Blues is my Business....
and Business is good.....
Structo

Post by Structo »

Man I wish I had bought one of those Fender Esprit Robben Ford guitars when they were prevalent.

I understand the Squier version is cool too.

I really want a Baker but they are too dear.
Tom

PierreL

Post by PierreL »

aflynt wrote:This came up in a thread at TGP last week. I guess he still prefers using the Dumble, but rarely uses the overdrive channel anymore instead favoring a Lovepedal COT 50 for dirt. Apparently he likes the tightness of the low end when using the pedal. He was using a Zendrive in the posted clip with the TS1. He's also no longer using a Variac with the Dumble.

-Aaron
Tightness of the low end with a COT 50 ? Must be a different version than the one I have then... a great pedal for sure, which fits well with my Fuchs ODS, but I find it adds in fact some looseness to the low end.
CHIP

Post by CHIP »

PierreL wrote:

-Aaron
Tightness of the low end with a COT 50 ? Must be a different version than the one I have then... a great pedal for sure, which fits well with my Fuchs ODS, but I find it adds in fact some looseness to the low end.
If true, then his preference for OD maybe shifting to more looseness and fat in the low end. Something on the lines of a #183 OD circuit. :wink:
PierreL

Post by PierreL »

Yet great tone with this TS indeed.
aflynt

Post by aflynt »

PierreL wrote:Tightness of the low end with a COT 50 ? Must be a different version than the one I have then... a great pedal for sure, which fits well with my Fuchs ODS, but I find it adds in fact some looseness to the low end.
This info is from the person who put together Robben's latest pedalboard. I have no experience with the COT 50 myself. Here's the post:

http://ww.thegearpage.net/board/showpos ... stcount=27

Robben also talks about the COT 50 a bit in this recent video interview saying it's a more amp like pedal:

http://youtu.be/D_QDVum3q48

-Aaron
rogb

Post by rogb »

Structo wrote:Man I wish I had bought one of those Fender Esprit Robben Ford guitars when they were prevalent.

A guy that I play with has a Fender and a Squier :(

I've played both and they are really good.

He has had both from new so he knows a good thing I guess.

Nice action and neck and cool tones too.
tag101

Post by tag101 »

Structo wrote:Man I wish I had bought one of those Fender Esprit Robben Ford guitars when they were prevalent.

I owned a Fender RF Ultra Spruce for over a year. Its a really cool guitar for THOSE tones, but its really a one trick pony. The neck pup clean tones were at best very average. I sold it. A buddy of mine still has both the MI japan version and a US model, and I was lucky enough to plug them both into my Dumble side by side. IMO, The US version was far better. Still, I had my PRS CU 22 semi hollow here, and we all felt that not only could it do the Ultra spruce tones pretty much dead on, it was just a far better all around guitar as well. Build, fit, finish, tones and playability. For anyone looking for those older BL Ford tones, I would really recommend looking into these limited edition PRSs. They are STUNNING, and can be had brand new for around 2700.00 Most are under 7 Lbs too, with a nice big chunky neck.

[img:400:275]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1427/1 ... 702624.jpg[/img]

[img:517:399]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1427/1 ... 239992.jpg[/img]
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
aflynt

Post by aflynt »

Ford's latest pedalboard:

http://www.vertexeffects.com/blog/verte ... alboard_v3

This new one was just posted last night.

-Aaron
Structo

Post by Structo »

No Zen drive?

Looks like he is using the limited production Lovepedal Lil China COT 50

[img:799:429]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/ ... c65b8a.jpg[/img]
Tom