Help with ODS Board dimensions

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sst4270

Help with ODS Board dimensions

Post by sst4270 »

Hello All,

I haven't visited in a long while, but I've been asked to build an ODS for someone. I was wondering whether or not there is one location where all the dimensions and or traces for the boards are located? I know jborders sells a set, but it looks like he may be out of stock before I can pull the trigger.

I found this:
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

And this:
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

To be more precise I was looking for 1:1 traces for the boards other than the main eyelet board so I can etch my own. (in case I miss out on a set of jborder's boards)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Steve

PS I posted this in the files section first, but think that it belongs here instead.
ic-racer

Re: Help with ODS Board dimensions

Post by ic-racer »

I posted the original-style circuit board patterns. Those sizes I posted did not match the chassis I used, which came with pre-drilled holes. So those are close but not exactly correct. I can give you the dimensions I used for my build but I will say that the holes in my chassis and the board sizes I was forced to use I used did not look exactly like the pictures of real Dumbles.

Do you have a chassis with pre-drilled holes?

Also, I can confirm all the circuit traces in those boards are functionally correct.

I don't see that I ever posted the lead pattern for HRM board so I you want that one let me know. (I don't have it on the computer I'm at now).
sst4270

ODS boards

Post by sst4270 »

Thanks for the response.

I think I finally have everything I need from some thorough searching...

I realize that I'll probably have to design my own... I got spoiled over on the other side (TW) with all the templates and drill guides, etc...

I do not have a chassis yet, but I'll either buy a blank and make it my own or I'll buy one from CEpedals when they get the next batch in.

Either way I plan to post a build report along with detailed dimensioned drawings of the boards in order to help future builders...

Regards,

Steve
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Hey Steve - Colossal was doing sets of excellent relay boards & a psu.
Don't know if he has any left, but it might be worth an e-mail.
Good luck with the build.
Bob
Why Aye Man
sst4270

Post by sst4270 »

Bob,

I was reading through your post about the tubes up version you built last year... There are no photos in the thread. Did you pull them? Are they located somewhere else so that I could take a look?

I'll PM you my email if you could email them to me.

I'm interested in possibly doing a build oriented that way (a la small special)

Regards,

Steve

PS I'll check with Colossus.