Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ic-racer

Manzamp!

Post by ic-racer »

My next project:

[IMG:527:79]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ ... mpLogo.jpg[/img]

[IMG:707:463]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ ... gress1.jpg[/img]

Schematics (indicated voltages are descriptive, not prescriptive):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ic-racer on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You feel like you're floating on a football field filled with marshmallows." -Dumble
ToneMerc

Re: Manzamp!

Post by ToneMerc »

Very cool, I have to give it to you as you take your clones to the 9's. It's good to see other Dumble topologies lately, something other than the ODS.

I finally found me a relatively clean, cheap and working donar Fender (Super Reverb) chassis for my next Dumble build, one of the UP versions.

TM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ampdork

Post by ampdork »

I always liked the idea of this amp but lost interest after talking to one former owner. Still I always loved the construction and still can't grok how this sort of amp, set-up and running properly, would not kick ass.
Look forward to seeing and hopefully hearing this one m8.
"...& I'm all out of bubblegum"
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

Almost done with the layout.

[IMG:1024:768]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ ... nShot2.jpg[/img]
"You feel like you're floating on a football field filled with marshmallows." -Dumble
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

What are your resources for this project?

I'm impressed! 8)
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

ChrisM wrote:What are your resources for this project?

I'm impressed! 8)
I don't want to be like some who keep secrets here, but I want to build the amp first (and be the first one here to do so) then I'll show and tell all. I hope this turns out to be a good amp for people interested in an easy-to-build Dumble circuit. It does not have all the complexity of 100w and the switching and the pre-amp switches of most other Dumble circuits. That will make it easier to build. I hope the architecture I'm working on for that main board will live on in many interesting tonal interpretations once I post the final version and schematic.
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Very cool, I'm anxious to see the final result.

Hopefully this build doesn't take quite as long as your HRM did.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

IC, what program is that you're using?
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

JazzGuitarGimp wrote:IC, what program is that you're using?
Aldus Freehand c1992

I keep an old iMac up and running because, frequently the older software is easier to use and runs faster. Plus I have a lot of old software. I like Macintosh, but I'm disappointed that my new 27" iMac can run Windoze but not 68k Macintosh software!
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

I ordered the raw materials for the chassis and PC boards yesterday. Tube sockets and filter capacitors are on the way also.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

ToneMerc wrote:Very cool, I have to give it to you as you take your clones to the 9's. It's good to see other Dumble topologies lately, something other than the ODS.

I finally found me a relatively clean, cheap and working donar Fender (Super Reverb) chassis for my next Dumble build, one of the UP versions.

TM
I'm very interested in both the Manzamp and the UP TM is building nice projects guys.

Mark
dreric

Post by dreric »

ToneMerc wrote:Very cool, I have to give it to you as you take your clones to the 9's. It's good to see other Dumble topologies lately, something other than the ODS.

TM

Did I miss something?? The Ultra Phonix has been de-coded?? I check in most days, maybe it's time to stop sniffing glue........

Eric
rogb

Post by rogb »

dreric wrote:

TM

Did I miss something?? The Ultra Phonix has been de-coded?? I check in most days, maybe it's time to stop sniffing glue........

Eric
Subscribed....
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

Chassis arrived today.

It is pretty thick because it has no end plates. I'll probably take it to a local machine shop to cut the holes, unless it is stupid-expensive. In which case I'll just spend the money on some metal hole cutting bits.

[IMG:640:480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ ... 2/file.jpg[/img]
ic-racer

Post by ic-racer »

Dimensions of what I am making

Chassis = 16" x 3" x 5"
Thickness 0.19" aluminum

Cutout for transformer:
[IMG:387:325]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ ... CUTOUT.jpg[/img]