HRM issue

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stevek66

HRM issue

Post by stevek66 »

Months ago I converted my 183 to an HRM.Sounds great.Last night I fired it up and got a intermitent sound out of the OD side.OK,So I swapped out a preamp tube first..no luck.So I opened it up and started checking solderer joints,voltages ect.On the V2 tube I have 205v pin 6,1.6v on pin 8 the other side I get 330v on pin 1 and 0.0 on pin 3.I checked the wires changed out the tube socket to no avail.Kinda stumped unless I had 2 bad tube sockets.
I have changed out the leads,plate resistor,checked grounding..
Any Ideas??
Thanks
Steve
Blindog

Re: HRM issue

Post by Blindog »

Hey Steve,

If you're getting 0 volts on v2 pin8, it sounds like you have a bad cathode connection. I'd check your cathode resistor/cap ground and the connection to pin 8 on the socket for starters. Oops, I see you changed out the socket...I still think it's gotta be related to a bad cathode connection...maybe check your cathode resistor and cap.

Good luck!

Mark
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
stevek66

Re: HRM issue

Post by stevek66 »

Blindog,
Thanks for the suggestions.I ended up just rewiring and adding a replacement HRM board.I couldn't nail down why/reason I was loosing
Cathode voltage.
Thanks
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.