Looks like Quinn is going under

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

FUCHSAUDIO

Looks like Quinn is going under

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Multiple Gear Page threads complaining about lack of products shipped, response, money collected, lack of communication on TGP and FB. Hate to see anyone circle the drain, but it sounds like t may be happening...another Greg D. Clark debacle in the works..?

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... t=quinnamp

Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
talbany

Re: Looks like Quinn is going under

Post by talbany »

Sorry to hear about this and I hope Shad is OK!!!

I was wondering when he started his pedal line if he was maybe biting off more than he could chew and if things got busy you could easily work yourself into an illness..Been there...
Anyway Shad was kind enough to give us 183 and some of 102 and will always be grateful..

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
dr. who

Post by dr. who »

I recently got in touch with Karin and she told me that Shad was a little behind and that they are waiting on the cabinet builder to ship them some new headcabs. I for one am not too concerned with the build time. My amp has been done for some time and I am financially in a tough spot right now so I can't complete the payment on my next amp right now. Shad isn't going under and he will catch up on orders soon. He is stopping new orders until he gets all of the old orders finished. Due to this he is stopping the built of fx pedals. I believe that tgp is full of people who have negative opinions no matter what. I wish Shad only the best in his endeavors. After all he can build one hell of an amp. I will post some clips when I get mine at the end of the month(el34 styled megaplex).
AtomCap

tgp

Post by AtomCap »

TGP is a shill shit-fest 2/3 of the time...

Hopefully everything pans out ;)
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

FWIW: Despite what's going on in your life, you should get out front of it and keep people who sent you thousands of dollars in the loop. It's not fair to leave people hanging like that. I hate to see this happen to anyone. He struck me as a pretty complex dude with a ton of anger issues, and I hope he sorts things out and makes things right.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
Luddy

Post by Luddy »

I have had very good interactions with Shad and Karin. Shad and I have had some wonderful discussions, and he gives me good advice. He built two 15w SDOs (his version of ODS), and is now working on two Trainwreck type 15w amps. I always get a reply within a day or two.
sergio

Post by sergio »

once upon a time....!
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

It may be premature to say Quinn is going under, but they've definitely dug their way into a hole we rarely ever see any builder get out of. No wonder Shad is "ill." I made my points in the TGP about the problems of a business model where you take a hefty balloon payment 9, 10, 12 or more months before they even plan on starting the amp. It's not like they hold that cash in escrow. Now they are having to dedicate an entire year to filing orders made as far back as 2012 that are already half paid for? Doesn't leave much breathing room, but if they stay focused they can climb back out.
bluesfendermanblues

Post by bluesfendermanblues »

wyatt wrote:It may be premature to say Quinn is going under, but they've definitely dug their way into a hole we rarely ever see any builder get out of. No wonder Shad is "ill." I made my points in the TGP about the problems of a business model where you take a hefty balloon payment 9, 10, 12 or more months before they even plan on starting the amp. It's not like they hold that cash in escrow. Now they are having to dedicate an entire year to filing orders made as far back as 2012 that are already half paid for? Doesn't leave much breathing room, but if they stay focused they can climb back out.
And mr D used to be day-to-day delivery and provided long credit lines to his customers? NOT ;-) ....

I fully agree, that if they stay focused they can climb back out - it's seen before. Before Henry Ford made a name in the automotive industry, he made some business missteps and had to file for bankruptcy. Twice.

Shad makes great amps, but perhaps marketing and distribution is not so great yet. Come on cut Shad some slack.
Diva or not? - Respect for Mr. D's work....)
wyatt

Post by wyatt »

bluesfendermanblues wrote: And mr D used to be day-to-day delivery and provided long credit lines to his customers? NOT ;-) ....
I don't think HAD should ever be held up as a positive business model. Eccentrics often get to set their own rules, some get shielded from consequence, others merely aren't bothered by it.
rogb

Post by rogb »

From Facebook: 18th Feb 2014
"Shad is finishing up a 146 and on to a TKT183~Looks like we may have found a great builder to come in an help. Keeping our fingers crossed. This will make things so much easier on Shad and get those amps out faster. Staying positive and working hard to fulfill all our our orders. Thank Everyone Have a great day.."
dr. who

Post by dr. who »

I sent Shad an email asking if I could help out. I hope I am the person who is being referred to.
wjdunham

Post by wjdunham »

dr. who wrote:I sent Shad an email asking if I could help out. I hope I am the person who is being referred to.
Interesting... I thought it was boldaslove6789 possibly coming out from under his rock :-)
hurmit

Post by hurmit »

(edited)
tag101

Post by tag101 »

I am one who sent Shad a down payment (For an employee of mine) a year and a half ago and was told I would have the amp with in 6 months. I am VERY pissed off as I have been taking the heat from my employee who I told would have no problems. The good news is that the amp is now done, the pics look KILLER, and I should have the amp very soon. (Its being delivered to my house now, as we are starting work, and said employee will be putting in about 12 hours a day for the next 8 months working from here) Shad stopped taking new orders until he is caught up with what he has. As everyone knows, I flew Shad here and hung with him for 2 days while he took my Dumble apart to clone it for me. Shad is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, and is a gentile soul. He has made some very bad business decisions, but seems to be doing all the right things to get everything straightened out, including refunding money, and halting all new orders. I am hoping he has learned a valuable lesson, and his business takes off from here. I can vouch for him being a perfectionest, and the only person I know of to have absolutely NAILED a given Dumbles tone. 4 Years with my Quinns now, and I have never looked back. They have KILLED every clone I have put them up against, and are dead on with my old 183. I have direct A/B clips to show this to any doubters. GO SHAD GO!!! Learn this lesson WELL, and move them out! "Come all without, come all within, youll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn." VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD!
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!