Who has Dumble #059 now?

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Rob Livesey

Re: Who has Dumble #059 now?

Post by Rob Livesey »

jelle wrote:How is the new owner of the Dumble any party in this matter?
Hi Jelle,

Well, it wouldn't sit very well with me personally to know that the amp I had bought for a great deal of money had not actually been paid for, and the third party who brokered the deal had run off with the money. I'm not sure where he stands in terms of the law, but it could be argued that the amp still belongs to John Mayer until he receives payment.

Rob
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------
drew

Post by drew »

Sounds like anyone who might have anything on consignment with this guy would be very well advised to go get it, immediately.
mhartman

Post by mhartman »

Rob Livesey wrote:
jelle wrote:How is the new owner of the Dumble any party in this matter?
Hi Jelle,

Well, it wouldn't sit very well with me personally to know that the amp I had bought for a great deal of money had not actually been paid for, and the third party who brokered the deal had run off with the money. I'm not sure where he stands in terms of the law, but it could be argued that the amp still belongs to John Mayer until he receives payment.

Rob
The seller decided to use the broker, not the new owner. While it might not sit well, it was the seller, not the new owner, who chose to trust the intermediary. All of that being said, it is probably an insurance company's problem now (i.e., Homelife, LLC).
jelle

Post by jelle »

I agree with Mike. The seller hired the Intermediary to represent his/her interests. From a legal standpoint, this is a matter between the Seller and the intermediary, and as such I do not see how the new owner is a party in this matter. The legal papers support my view.

However...

One could argue that for a luxury purchase which is arguably based on emotional motives, the knowledge that there is a legal conflict surrounding this luxury purchase, takes away from the enjoyment, and thus value of said item.
Rob Livesey

Post by Rob Livesey »

jelle wrote:I agree with Mike. The seller hired the Intermediary to represent his/her interests. From a legal standpoint, this is a matter between the Seller and the intermediary, and as such I do not see how the new owner is a party in this matter. The legal papers support my view.

However...

One could argue that for a luxury purchase which is arguably based on emotional motives, the knowledge that there is a legal conflict surrounding this luxury purchase, takes away from the enjoyment, and thus value of said item.
That's my point Jelle, yes.

It seems this is unfolding on numerous forums now including TGP and LPF. It doesn't seem likely that this guy can continue trading for much longer, but if the Harrisons are any yardstick, then he may be around for some time yet.

Rob.
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------
roadkingbluzs

Post by roadkingbluzs »

Wouldn't an escrow account be in order for this kind of money? They got an F from NC BBB. I guess doesn't mean much. WOW!
glasman

Post by glasman »

Pretty funny to read the BBB compliant s on Maverick. All have the same theme, consigners not getting paid.

Well not so funny, MM is a blight on honest shops.

I remember him selling Henry Kaisers D-lator #1 (JM owned it at the time) for 25000.00.
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
talbany

Post by talbany »

25000.00 for a D-Lator.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Mac Daddy

Post by Mac Daddy »

I remember him selling Henry Kaisers D-lator #1 (JM owned it at the time) for 25000.00.[/quote]

Lol This old thing ?
[IMG:800:131]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/ ... 93866b.jpg[/img]