fender Bassman 50 to #102 Robben Ford Dumble amp

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jelle

Re: fender Bassman 50 to #102 Robben Ford Dumble amp

Post by jelle »

I have not tried the Neos with that version of the ODS.

Also, the passive tone is not cool. Good luck! Jelle
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

Hi Jelle,
Its just seems a little odd to me that no one welcomed me to the forum. When I originally posted on this forum and talked about my Bassman project I only had one reply and I see he had it removed. Im guessing you guys must see allot of people come and go here and maybe that's part of it and this is a big forum too.
I am not dissing anyone here but if I become a regular I will be welcoming people to the forum as much as I can.

Thanks
Keith
fusionbear

Post by fusionbear »

Baddog01 wrote:Hi Jelle,
Its just seems a little odd to me that no one welcomed me to the forum. When I originally posted on this forum and talked about my Bassman project I only had one reply and I see he had it removed. Im guessing you guys must see allot of people come and go here and maybe that's part of it and this is a big forum too.
I am not dissing anyone here but if I become a regular I will be welcoming people to the forum as much as I can.

Thanks
Keith

Welcome Keith, I appreciate the input you have given already....
Learning to learn...
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

Fusionbear,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Keith
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Baddog01 wrote:Its just seems a little odd to me that no one welcomed me to the forum. When I originally posted on this forum and talked about my Bassman project I only had one reply and I see he had it removed. Im guessing you guys must see allot of people come and go here and maybe that's part of it and this is a big forum too.
Go back and look at your first post from 18 months ago: http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
Lots of people helped you out with suggestions, and it went on for several pages. Pretty warm welcome, I'd say. BTW, when posting pictures it's better to upload them rather than have them disappear as they did there. The deleted post you mention above is related to another bit of drama on the forum, and things tend to get a little quiet when that happens.
jelle

Post by jelle »

Well...

You have 68 posts as of right now. How can you be *new*? :D

Also, the questions asked were very specific to a point were only very few people will have answers for you. It is likely nobody of the regulars ever tried that combination you asked about.

How can people answer if they do no have answers?

Please do continue posting, when something comes up that actually generates discussion, we all learn. I sometimes post things too on forums, and do not get replies at all. It happens.
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

I am so sorry guys. My memory is crap and I totally forgot about that post. I guess it was too much partying in my younger days that took a toll on my memory.
It seems like drama happens on every forum and that's a shame. Anything we can do to keep the DIY tube amp thing alive is a good thing.

Thanks
Keith
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

jelle wrote:Well...

You have 68 posts as of right now. How can you be *new*? :D

Also, the questions asked were very specific to a point were only very few people will have answers for you. It is likely nobody of the regulars ever tried that combination you asked about.

How can people answer if they do no have answers?

Please do continue posting, when something comes up that actually generates discussion, we all learn. I sometimes post things too on forums, and do not get replies at all. It happens.

I didn't realize I had that many posts. Wow! I guess I am not new to the forum. I guess I should think before I post.:)

Thanks again
Keith
jelle

Post by jelle »

No worries!

Please upload pics of your amp. It speaks more to the members this way, and it is always fun to see how others do things. :D
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

I wish that I had waited till I had a 100watt chassis to use. From what I've read it seem like the 100watt setup adds a certain fullness to the tone. Tue re was a bassman 10 at the lick pawn shop a little while back. That would have made a great platform for a dumble build. It would need a bigger output transformer but ther would have been plent of room.

I'll see if I can open the amp up today and take some pics. Please keep in mind I have modde this thing a bunch of times before settling on a Dumble design. I'm thinking I adding the effects loop since I have holes in the back from prior mods. There might be a Dumblator in my future if I can find a suitable power transformer.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Just be patient bd, the difference between this and many other forums is that people will post when they have something to contribute, rather than just to punch the keyboard.
My 100 watt has a half power switch (2 or 4 output tubes) and except for outdoor gigs, I use it at 50 all the time. Go with what you got.
The Neo12 will be fine for you if you like a JBL sound, as that's pretty much what they are. I do, so they work fine for me.
I think the d-lator is a worthwhile addition, and an interesting build also.
I built one into a D-Lite build I did, and it worked fine, chassis space is the challenge.
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

I think I'll give the Webers a try but I have an old 2 x 12 fender cab I might try them in instead of my current cab. The fender is a closed back type but I think I'll leave the back open. Not a big fan of closed back cabs. Hmm I orders the neos with a weber H dome instead of the chrome. I didn't want that pearcing high that the JBL's are known for.
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

I got the Weber Neo's loaded in the fender 2x12 and it sounds quite nice. I left the back on and was surprised as how smooth the highs are. I am currently trying some 6l6 ruby tubes in the amp. The reissue Tungsol 5881 I has in it seemed a little soft on the low end. I'm going to take it down stairs and bias it in the morning. I'm going to check the phase inverter trim pot as well.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Is it a small or large 2X12 cab?
The small 2X12 cab is just an excellent size, with 2X12 or 1X15.
Search Dumble cab, and check that out.
The Dumble 2X12 is cab is pretty close to a Fender size cab, with the oval cutout back configuration.
As I said in another post, I have a 1X12 combo cab with the D oval cutout back, and they work great.
JBLs (or Neos) sound great in Fender type cabs in any case.
Baddog01

Post by Baddog01 »

After looking at the cab while I was installing the speakers I'm not sure if the baffle board is original to the cab. There is also a decider between the two speakers so with the back on each speaker has it's own enclosure. I will check out the Dumble cabs in the morning. I did notice that RF has a 2x12 oval open back cab. Is that a dumble cab?