Skyliner Pots & Plates

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bombacaototal

Skyliner Pots & Plates

Post by Bombacaototal »

I've seen several schematics with very different configurations of skyliner pots. They are always the same values -> 250k treble, 250k mid, 500k bass but the discrepancies are relating to the pots type A or B

I decided to investigate this matter and based on the only clear enough internal shots I have on an amp which has a skyliner stack, the Overdrive Reverb #60, it is clear on the pictures that both treble and middle have the fender 2-35 021857 pot.

Knowing that the #60 was an upgrade from "classic" the reason for the 2-35 fender mid pot may be that given the bass pot on the classic uses it, maybe dumble just moved it from bass to middle and then just added the 500k bass.

The layout on the files section of #124 from 1988 shows the middle with the 2-35 fender although there is not enough details relating to the treble and I haven't seen real pics of this amp

My question is: are the amps built as skyliner (not upgraded from "classic") using a different pot for the middle? If yes does anyone have reference codes for these pots?

Another aspect is the reading of the bass pot. #102 was around 400k and #183 was around 310k although both pots were 500k. Is it safe to say that most skyliner bass pots will have readings much lower thank 500k?

Regarding plates for the skyliner I've seen #124 with low plates (100k, 1.5k) and high plates #60 ODR (180k, 1k / 130k, 1.8k) and #102, #183 (220k, 3.3k / 150k, 2.2k)

Is anyone aware of any other variants of high plates?