Tomo Fujita Two Rock

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bombacaototal

Tomo Fujita Two Rock

Post by Bombacaototal »

I was not sure if I should add this thread here or on Tech part of the forum. Mods, please feel free to move if this is not the right place

I've been increasingly curious about the 50Watt Two Rock Tomo Fujita http://www.digimart.net/cat12/shop420/DS03645942/

It has a dual tube rectifier and apparently it is much more on a blackface territory. The reverb is very much like a Dumble Overdrive Reverb (3 tube John Mayer Two Rock like) but it only has the reverb return control (and not the send) very much like a fender. It has some inspiration from the Fender Pro Reverb

Amp specs: Two-Rock Tomo Fujita signature amp. 50 watts. 2-GZ34s, 2-6L6s, 5-12AX7s.

The 12ax7 are:
V1: pre amp
V2: Reverb send, return
V3: reverb drive (interesting that it is not a 12AT7)
V4: dry/wet mix
V5: PI

Controls are: gain, treble, middle, bass, master, Reverb, volume boost

Footswitch controls: reverb kill, volume boost

Dimensions: 20"W, 10"D, 12"H, 40 lbs

Apparently it has an unique Tonestack.

Tomo Said: Built based on my longtime Fender Pro Reverb while referring to John Mayer Signature Reverb
The end result is now the Tomo Fujita Signature. Tomo wanted a very low gain amp that would not break up easily and was basic to the core without a lot of switches, bells, and whistles. This amp is a very clean platform which is what Tomo's sound is built around. The dynamic feel and ultimate tone of this amp allows the player to hear the guitar from fingers to speakers. With the custom designed EQ section of this amp, you'll find that the amp's bass response is a lot lighter than a typical Two-Rock. The Mid and Treble controls have a slightly different dynamic range, allowing the amp to respond without any muddy low-end interference. As Tomo would say, "It's not just about playing, it's about feeling."
Has anyone seen inside this amp?

I am also curious about the volume boost control which is not a gain boost. Probably a FET?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bombacaototal on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombacaototal

Re: Tomo Fujita Two Rock

Post by Bombacaototal »

I am assuming it is somewhat similar to the Matt Schofield signature which is also 50W and dual tube rectifier

This is a gut shot of Matts, unfortunately fairly blurry

V1: pre amp 12ax7
V2: Reverb return and mix 12ax7
V3: Reverb drive 12at7
V4: trem
V5: PI 12ax7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.