100 watt ODS build

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

davebolden44

100 watt ODS build

Post by davebolden44 »

here are some pics of my latest build.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davebolden44

Re: 100 watt ODS build

Post by davebolden44 »

Pics in no particular order. classictone trannies, ce chassis, ceriatone parts kit. Thanks to Taylor at Amplified Nation for the rad box to put it in. Upgraded a few of the main filter caps to F+T's. I always put hot glue and weather stripping on my caps for whatever reason and use my trusty label maker. Sounds bad to the bone. I love seeing everyone's builds on here so I thought I would share, enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

Nice Dave, I see you have your light bulb limiter in the background, that saved me on my recent build with a duff diode in my FWBR.

OD trimmer pot on the back, I've never done this but it seems such a good idea I wonder why HAD never did, or perhaps he did and I haven't seen an example.

first thing I noticed though was your use of a time machine.....you've made it in the future.....5-10-17 to us Europeans is the 5th of October 2017....5 months in the future :D

Marcus
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Nice job Dave.

So much wiring work involved with building these amps I can't imagine how Jelle and other sellers do it in quantities.

Mark
davebolden44

Post by davebolden44 »

It took me two days to wire, if a person built them all the time I could see doing it in a day. It isn't my lively-hood though so I could just get a coffee and sit there patiently building all the time, I enjoy it so much. One thing I didn't mention and it isn't shown in the pics, the ce chassis mounting holes did not line up with the holes in the box. I had to replace the standoffs on the fet, bias, and relay boards with taller ones and bolt some 3/4x 3/4 angle to the short sides of the chassis and tap it out for the mounting bolts. I did that yesterday afternoon. I love that blue suede box just as much as the sound of the amp. It definitely pays to have an abundance of parts stocked. I have most of the stuff here to build another one, was thinking 50 watt 6AC7 HRM but we'll see.
Mr. dB

Post by Mr. dB »

What version is it?
davebolden44

Post by davebolden44 »

Its the parts kit from ceriatones 100 watt ots which I think is closely based on 102. I am not entirely sure though.
amplifiednation

Post by amplifiednation »

Looks good!!
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
dcribbs1412

Post by dcribbs1412 »

Nice work!
Any pics of how you mounted the chassis?

D
davebolden44

Post by davebolden44 »

No but when I open it up again I will take some. All I did was took some 3/4x3/4 steel angle and bolted it to the sides and tapped the 4 holes out that come down through the top with a 10-32 tap. I just had to shorten a few bolts so they didnt hit any components. In retrospect I would have mounted the last 20uf cap in the power supply underneath the terminal strip but it worked out.