Added LNF to V1

Changed V1 to 100k plates and slope

cathodes 15uf/1K5

HRM now on a rear switch

added a 9vDc FX pedal socket to power a reverb pedal etc
DSC_1322.JPG
DSC_1324.JPG

V2,V3-5 all as Bluesmaster spec.

As it is with the HRM in, the OD is quite light and crunchy and will clean up easily with guitar volume on 12 O Clock setting all round. Adding the PAB gives a full on dumble OD.
Bypassing the HRM gives a very full on OD so it's actually a very versatile little combo.

I've actually got a 3 footswitch pedal so if someone could explain how to put the HRM bypass( mid ground lift) on a relay I'd be all ears.

Marcus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
norburybrook

Re: new build: 50w Bluesmaster HRM combo

Post by norburybrook »

actually with the HRM off engaging the PAB causes mad screaming!!!!! it sounds like somethings out of phase or comb filtering as all the bottom goes and it squeals.

I would have expected it to behave like a regular non HRM ODS...strange.

Is this because I just lifted the 100r mid ground and didn't add a 1M in parallel like you said Martin?

edit; I added the 1M to ground and it didn't change anything.

I added 250pf snubbers to V2 no change

added a coax shielded cable from the volume pot on V1b no change

I think it's the un-potted PAF's in my tele thinline and extreme gain without the HRM.

Where does the extra gain come from with the BM circuit to make removing the HRM and using PAB a screaming demon :D ?

Marcus
norburybrook

Re: new build: 50w Bluesmaster HRM combo

Post by norburybrook »

Update:

It's all back to full Bluesmaster HRM spec now....except for a LNBF which I have on a switch.

After playing it all day yesterday I think I'd veered away from what it is...it's a bluesmaster.....so I've reverted to HAD's spec except for the LNFB which when engaged softens the amp in a nice way.

I have mu OD trim set to 40k to ground when on and the EQ I did by ear.

It's sounding jolly good. It was a good experiment to try all the other changes so not wasted time at all.

Marcus