Bass amp ideas, Odyssey, Winterland etc.

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Subjecttochange

Re: Bass amp ideas, Odyssey, Winterland etc.

Post by Subjecttochange »

Nice Work- We'd (at least I would) love to hear clips!

I've had some trouble sorting oscillations and a few weeks of building hiatus. May have incorporate some of your ideas. I too added some LNFB at one point in the tweaking process and also liked the results.

Cheers!
jph118

Post by jph118 »

Subjecttochange wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:01 pm Nice Work- We'd (at least I would) love to hear clips!

I've had some trouble sorting oscillations and a few weeks of building hiatus. May have incorporate some of your ideas. I too added some LNFB at one point in the tweaking process and also liked the results.

Cheers!

Thanks! I’ll take some video next time I have a real bassist over the house, my wimpy guitar hands won’t do it justice. Didn’t have any oscillation issues with this build, but I tried to keep my lead dress as neat as possible.
Subjecttochange

Cool! clips would be great whenever you get the right hands on the amp.

I was pretty sloppy with my lead dress since the amp has seen many different iterations. I found/combated the oscillations, but I'm going to go back and un/rebuild a little bit more for piece of mind/neurosis sake.

Hopefully updates to follow.
jph118

Post by jph118 »

Ignore the awful playing, but this should give you an idea... very proud of this one!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UB-sL ... IDQy8oyECK
Subjecttochange

Oh Cool! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sounds pretty good man. It seems you feel the same way about your bass playing as I do mine.
jph118

Post by jph118 »

Subjecttochange wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:35 pm Sounds pretty good man. It seems you feel the same way about your bass playing as I do mine.

Ha, thanks! I'm doing a much more "pro" video with the player this was built for soon, hopefully this weekend. Will def link it here when complete.