Has this 77 export ODS # 3x come up before?

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bear

Has this 77 export ODS # 3x come up before?

Post by Bear »

https://reverb.com/item/11040329-dumble ... rown-suede

Rich for my blood,but some gutshots.
norburybrook

Re: Has this 77 export ODS # 3x come up before?

Post by norburybrook »

wow, that's exactly what I'm building at the moment. Great gut shots, looks immaculate all round, where's that ben hiding?

One thing I noticed was the power light? where can I get one of those? I thought it was a fender jewel light but obviously not....

M
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Lots of nice detailed photos there! Pretty close match on the panel lamp (240V version): Mouser 1051QC3
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

martin manning wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 am Lots of nice detailed photos there! Pretty close match on the panel lamp (240V version): Mouser 1051QC3
how do you know this stuff Martin? :D

Unfortunately minimum £50 order form mouser UK and I've got all my bits and pieces. Hmmm might have to improvise ,unless someone has one they want to send me,

M
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

I thought the preamp section of the layout boards were gooped? Is that not the case?

With respect, 10thtx
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Nice! Based in London.
No goop: 2nd gen are not gooped. It started when Kitty Hawk stole Dumble's design. Most 3rd gen and further are gooped.
Mr. dB

Post by Mr. dB »

Is that a repro cabinet?
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

Mr. dB wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:51 pm Is that a repro cabinet?
Apparently not, it said the owner used it in the home/studio only, never gigged so I would imagine it would have stayed clean. It say's it even has the original valves that were put it. Nothing has been touched.

It's a great find and some great pictures, I'm sure someone could easily work out all the component values and do a layout. It's very interesting to me as I'm building one of these as we speak. I'd even decided to do it the same colour...strange.

I should get mine finished then nip down the road and try this one out ;D

M
Mr. dB

Post by Mr. dB »

norburybrook wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 pm
Mr. dB wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:51 pm Is that a repro cabinet?
Apparently not, it said the owner used it in the home/studio only, never gigged so I would imagine it would have stayed clean. It say's it even has the original valves that were put it. Nothing has been touched.

It's a great find and some great pictures, I'm sure someone could easily work out all the component values and do a layout. It's very interesting to me as I'm building one of these as we speak. I'd even decided to do it the same colour...strange.

I should get mine finished then nip down the road and try this one out ;D

M
The close-ups of the slide switches are especially helpful.

But I thought the export amps were mostly shipped out as bare chassis?
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

It's listed as sold now. I wonder with who and where it ended up?
Awesome that they posted the gutshot pics.
Max

Post by Max »

erwin_ve wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:56 pm No goop: 2nd gen are not gooped. ... Most 3rd gen and further are gooped.
AFAIK:
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and transition generation ODS amps, that have never been updated by Alexander Dumble: No goop.
Most 4th generation ODS amps and further: goop

Cheers,

Max
Max

Post by Max »

norburybrook wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 pmI'm sure someone could easily work out all the component values and do a layout.
Should be rather similar: http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12870

Cheers,

Max
Max

Post by Max »

Mr. dB wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:01 pmBut I thought the export amps were mostly shipped out as bare chassis?
AFAIK in regard to the ODS amps exported to Germany by Alexander Dumble: All chassis and electronic circuit parts built, fitted and completed in Santa Cruz by Alexander Dumble and shipped to Germany by Alexander Dumble. All cabinets built in Germany by "Applied Acoustics" and "Spieker & Pulch - Professional Equipment" - with the exception of the cabinet of #0019 built by Alexander Dumble. Chassis and cabinets (with the exception of #0019) married in Germany by "Applied Acoustics" and "Spieker & Pulch - Professional Equipment".

Cheers,

Max
talbany

Post by talbany »

I'm sure someone could easily work out all the component values and do a layout.
Somebody already has :D
http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12870
Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Mr. dB

Post by Mr. dB »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:24 pm
Mr. dB wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:01 pmBut I thought the export amps were mostly shipped out as bare chassis?
AFAIK in regard to the ODS amps exported to Germany by Alexander Dumble: All chassis and electronic circuit parts built, fitted and completed in Santa Cruz by Alexander Dumble and shipped to Germany by Alexander Dumble. All cabinets built in Germany by "Applied Acoustics" and "Spieker & Pulch - Professional Equipment" - with the exception of the cabinet of #0019 built by Alexander Dumble. Chassis and cabinets (with the exception of #0019) married in Germany by "Applied Acoustics" and "Spieker & Pulch - Professional Equipment".

Cheers,

Max
So since that doesn't look like one of the German-made cabinets, the reasonable assumption is that it's a repro, right?